Pondering an Incinerator Toilet a little help! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
Newell Attack

Default Pondering an Incinerator Toilet a little help!

I have been looking into an incinerator toilet made by Incinolet. Their Model RV is made specifically for an RV and runs on 120vAC. This would totally eliminate the need for a black tank and the mess associated with dumping, cleaning etc. The toilet is not cheap (approx $1500), but I think the cost savings of no black tank & no plumbing to/from toilet, the space savings of no black tank plus not having to dump & maintain a black tank would offset the cost of the toilet in the long run. They seem to be popular in the marine world. I wanted to get some opinions from other Newell Owners

Here is their url...

http://www.incinolet.com/

Any feedback is appreciated.

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:07 AM   #2
Neweller

Hi Jeff, hope all is well with you and Leann. I had the same idea a few years ago on the '78 that I had, and for virtually the same reasons, space space and more space.... There are people who have done it and remember speaking to a couple down in Quartzsite who had one I believe in a '88 Newell. I will look for some info on it. Hopefully someone on here can share more info.

Ken

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
TheCarabiners

I have used one, but not in a Newell. They are a great thing in a wierd sort of a way. Let us all know if you do this. I would love to talk to someone who put one in a coach.

Steve
TheCarabiners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
tuga

Jeff,

It sounds like your 1978 Newell has 2 tanks; a black water and a grey water tank. In that application, I can see the advantage.

Later model Newells (I think) all had one waste water tank (black & grey in the same tank). My '87, '93, and '99 Newells all had 1 tank, so I don't think there would be any advantage for me.

But it sure is a neat way to dispose of black water waste! Thanks for posting the url. Good post!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
lbrachfe

In my 2003 I have one tank, but there is a shut off valve to allow a by-pass of grey water that can remain open when you are hooked up to a sewer.
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Ground Control

This is an interesting idea and we have heard of it being done. As long as it is safe and there is absolutely no real issues etc. We will look more into it too.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
tuga

I would very much like to see a demonstation. I agree with Bernie, as long as it is safe and no issues I would be willing to look into it further.

I can't see any problems with it from reading the advertisement. If Newell starts installing them as standard equipment that will be the test for me. They usually research a new product very thoroughly.

Does anyone have a problem with dumping GREY water only on the ground? Not in a campground, because you have to abide by the CG rules, but for example at your home or your business or the shoulder of an interstate or US highway.

I don't see a problem with only grey water; but that's just me!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 08-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
The Newell

I worked with a guy a couple of years ago that installed one in a small camper. For what it's worth, he loved it. It solved the problem of a black water tank in a camper that he could not have one installed.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
FJGuard

Unless I missed it I wonder How many amps the Incinolet pulls during a cycle? Can you operate it via the inverter or is it too much drain on the batteries? I know with shore power & genset the electrical load will not be an issue, but curious if the draw on the batteries is significant?

Thanks for everyone's responses!
FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #10
tuga

FJGuard,

According to the website, the unit draws 15 amps. So it would be like running a roof AC; you will need to start the generator. Newell could advise you on whether or not the inverter could run it. I would think that it could, but it would run your batteries down quickly.

BTW, these units are on sale for $1829!

While I would love to have one of these units, I have been camping for about 20 years and I don't see a problem with using a conventional toilet. I use a little Clorox after I dump the waste tank, and that usually kills any bacteria that causes odors. Be careful not to pour Clorox directly in the toilet; it can damage the rubber seal on the flap. I just pour it down the sink; it all winds up in the sewer tank anyway.

Coach #512
2005 Pilot