Newell Skips Coach Numbers - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
fulltiming

Default Newell Skips Coach Numbers

NewellCoach.com shows proof that Newell skipped coach numbers 1300-1399 as we were informed that they would. Coach 1401, a 2010 model is currently listed at $1,520,810. The next most recently constructed coach Newell has listed is Coach 1294, also a 2010 model at $1,485,510.

This is an excellent time for anyone wanted to purchase a Newell, either new or used to contact Newell Coach. They have five new coaches and 21 used Newells available for sale currently. This is about the level of inventory they have had available for the past several months although the selection of new Newells is somewhat higher than usual and the new of used coaches is down about 5 from its peak.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
Scarb

Did you also see that coach #1401 has an Cummins ISX650 650HP engine instead of the Caterpillar C15 625HP engine?

Scarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
fulltiming

Yep, saw that. Karl had told me that they would go to Cummins as the supply of Cats and DD's dried up.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
Old 05-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
afrench45

Pat told me that Cat stopped making over the road engines, and in the recent letter i recieved from Newell, they said Prevost was going to a 430 hp Volvo, what happened to the 60 series?
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #5
fulltiming

Those are true statements. As to the Series 60,
Quote:
Daimler AG has announced that Detroit Diesel engines will no longer be available for motorhomes or fire trucks starting in 2010, according to National Bus Trader magazine.
Detroit Diesel powerplants after that date will be available only to Daimler-owned companies, none of which produce motorcoaches.
The primary RV manufacturer affected by the change in Germany-based Daimler’s strategy will be Prevost Car Co., Sainte-Clair, Quebec, which provides bus shells to motorhome converters.
The magazine said the announcement will accelerate Prevost’s strategy to offer Volvo engines to various coach markets. Prevost is owned by Volvo Bus Corp., Gothenburg, Sweden.
“Detroit Diesel has assured … that they will fully support vehicles equipped with Detroit Diesel engines now and in the future,” the periodical reported.
With Detroit Diesel and Caterpillar no longer available to Newell, the big Cummins was their choice for all 2011 Newells. Coach 1401, a 2010 model is, to the best of my knowledge the first Newell with the Cummins ISX650. They are mating it to the Allison HD4060MH 6-speed transmission.

A big welcome to NewellClassic.com. Did you purchase your coach from Newell about Oct of 08? Nice coach. Glad to see you posting. It is good to have additional members that have some of the newer coaches. We should all be able to learn from your experiences.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
Old 05-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
afrench45

thank you, yes we bought our coach around October. We have taken many trips in it since we purchased it and love it. I really do know why they say there is nothing else like a Newell which is very true. As for this site, i have been on it many times trying to find our friends a coach, i just never signed up on it. I look foward to playing around on this website.
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:19 AM   #7
fulltiming

As an edit to my post, the quote was from RVBusiness.

Glad you are getting the opportunity to use your Newell. They were really meant to be driven. Thanks for signing up and posting, we look forward to your input.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740