Replacing Amana side by side in 2001 coach - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > Interior Works
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
leskorcala@hotmail.com

Default Replacing Amana side by side in 2001 coach

Well, I have another complex situation with the fridge going dead on us!

One day just stopped cooling! lights on, water , compressor! cleaned coils etc. nada... called good repair man , he checked and gave me honest solution: freon is leaking somwhere and needs to be service , not many places do it now, if they do cost replacing seald system & finding leak in the line cost from 800-1000$ and if we fix it ( 10 years old ) we might get by 1-2 years !

So, I eliminated this and want to upgrade and replace new fridge1 and have happy wife!

Problem is that our dimensions are not standard for house hold . we had amana side by side and want to get same configuration.

My fitting space is 66" & change height, 27" depth & 36" width.
I know I will remove the front door and save about 2+ inches! but still need some more room!

We could perhaps mod the wood molding above , but door is the problem ! looks like only 23-24" max width!

is nayone knows how to remove the raound molding , covers the air door black arm? I could get another 1-2" if I did that!

Now, comes the hard part how do you move it all in, staircase etc. do you build slide board?
Just wanted to get some tips from anyone who deal with new fridge replacement!

We got 12' of snow in one day ! went out on the roof today and clear all haevy snow from it ! so glad i was able to do it ! I will sleep better now!

Thank you for all your help and tips so far, with out thsi forum , not sure how I could cope with the small problems, I know Newell is always there for us! but some custome work owners done are somhow diferent that waht Newell do!
leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote