Tech Talk Archives 11 - Page 4 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Forum Archives - closed > Archive Three
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #61
Neweller

Q
1407 7/30/2004 11:56:47 AM 7/31/2004 John Wright John.jwright@verizon.net Aland Plumbing I have a 1992 coach with , I believe, Aland plumbing. I need a repair kit for the shower valve. Neither Newell parts or Hughes Supply can help. The company is out of busiess.

Does anyone know of a source for these parts?

Thank you.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #62
Neweller

Q
1408 8/1/2004 3:20:09 PM 8/2/2004 Jim Shepherd jim@rvsafetysystems.com Engine Mounts for Series 60 I am installing a Series 60 in an Eagle bus and thought I would go to the Mercedes of the Motorhome industry to buy my engine mounts. I am told that truck mounts will result in vibration and I am sure you folks did loads of research to find the best solution. Would you let me know what the part numbers are (front and rear) and I will order them. Thanks, Jim

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #63
Neweller

Q
1409 8/2/2004 8:07:49 AM 8/2/2004 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Aland Plumbing Most 1992 Newells have shower valves manufactured by Broadway. They are no longer in business, so repair kits may not be available. You may need to replace the shower valve with a different brand. Some of the other shower parts (hose, shower head, etc.) were made by Alsons and we believe they are still in operation.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #64
Neweller

A
1411 8/9/2004 6:23:04 PM 8/10/2004 Bob InsideGolf@cablespeed.com Engine Run-On (Classic Rig) Recently I experienced a wiring meltdown in the dashboard from running my ref. on 12 volt DC for an extend time. After finding and replacing all of the melted wires I could find, I also replaced the alternator, regulator, solenoid, the coil and the ignition switch. But now the engine won't shut off when I turn off the key. I have a '72 with a 391 Ford engine. Anyone have any suggestions where I might fix this?

-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #65
Neweller

Q
1412 8/10/2004 8:59:33 AM 8/10/2004 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Engine Run-On (Classic Rig) You may have wired your ignition coil to a constant 12-volt source. We suggest you turn the ignition switch off and check the power to the coil. ハIf the coil continues to show current when the ignition key is off, than you will need to run the source of the power to the ignition circuit through the ignition switch.

Also, your DC refrigerator should have itユs own dedicated and ヤfusedユ 12 volt feed. The ヤdedicatedユ fuse should have failed long before your wires ヤmeltedユ down.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #66
Neweller

A
1414 8/18/2004 11:37:25 PM 8/20/2004 Timothy Durham timdur@cox.net Pneumatic seat If it is a Recaro seat like I have in my 2000 model, there should be a seatback release lever on either side of the seatback. Operate the lever, push the seatback forward and you may have to adjust the front to back position, but it will clear the side.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #67
Neweller

A
1415 8/20/2004 8:36:27 AM 8/20/2004 Kathy Freeman katfree9@aol.com FOR SALE 1973 Newell 31ft. $25,000 or best offer. For more info. and pictures please e-mail directly to my address above or call 619-561-5667 or 619-971-5786.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #68
Neweller

Q
1416 8/20/2004 11:02:30 AM 8/20/2004 ron harper ronharper04@comcast.net 81 newell Sorry to wait so long in answering your reply. I had forgot about posting it here and was still looking. Am still looking. Also found an 84 Newell with about the same milage and price. The 81 is $60k and the 84 is $61k. The price is not bothering me but the age is. Twenty years of use and buying from an owner instead of a dealer that will give at least a little warranty makes me a little concerned. But you are right about the coach being a good one. I kinda like the 81 better than the 84 but those are the only two I have found here locally.
I have my mother-in-law living with me & am not sure about doing anything until she passes on. She is almost 102 years of age and still going strong but I am in the looking stages.
Thanks for your reply and again, sorry for not answering sooner.
W.A.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #69
Neweller

A
1417 8/21/2004 5:46:41 PM 8/22/2004 Tuga Gaidry tugagaidry@bellsouth.net For Sale 1993 Newell 44' with 143,000 miles. 985-381-6613

-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #70
Neweller

A
1418 8/22/2004 4:25:25 PM 8/22/2004 Jon Kabbe jckabbe@earthlink.net Steering Wander Solved There have been a couple messages posted, including mine, regarding steering wander problems with older coaches. After doing three things my coach went from being a bit of a handfull to a real straight lady. I don't know which of the three or some combination that made the difference but I thought I'd share my experience on my 1977 coach. Alignment was not a problem since tire wear patterns were normal and preliminary checks suggested it was right. I changed the steering oil hoses, 75 total feet, since the pressure hose was slightly wet where the hose entered the end fittings. I also lowered the front ride height about an inch since the front was riding higher than the rear. I tried raising the rear but the air bags seemed to have reached their limit. I also adjusted the steering gear at the screw in the middle of the side that adjusts free play. The book as I understand it says to tighten until resistence is met and then back off one turn. Verify this with your own manual as I don't want to be responsible for your rig. I had someone slightly turning the steering wheel back and forth and I found a sweet spot where the turning was most for the least steering wheel movement. Then I drove the coach and found the steering had dramatically improved. I suspect the hoses were the major difference since prior to changing them I could feel a mechanical "thunk" as the steering wheel passed the center position and I no longer feel that with the engine running though I do with the engine off. I could not see anything obvious with the old hoses other than the seepage but I also didn't try to since I was removing them only for the seepage issue. Well, there you go for whatever it's worth.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #71
Neweller

Q
1419 8/22/2004 4:31:28 PM 8/22/2004 Jon Kabbe jckabbe@earthlink.net Front End Bounce Resolved THere have been a couple of us struggling with front end bounce. While adjusting my Koni shocks helped considerably changing the front air bags on my 1977 coach to the current Firestone 9324 bags changed everything. The new bags have a straight bell instead of a tapered one on the old bags. This would make the bounce resistence much more linear. Since I've changed to the new bags I'm actually considering backing off the shock adjustments I made. I also lowered the front ride height about an inch at the same time I changed the air bags but I can't see how that would have changed the ride characteristic, but I could be wrong. Well, there you have my experience for what it is worth.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #72
Neweller

Q
1420 8/25/2004 4:47:16 PM 8/26/2004 john leuenberger jeleuen@cox.net Front End Bounce Resolved Appreciated msg on "resolving front end bounce" from Jon K. What is cost of Firestone 9324 bags? And also wondering how does one adjust ride height, although do not believe this a problem on my '82. Thank you.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #73
Neweller

A
1421 8/26/2004 4:52:43 PM 8/28/2004 Jon Kabbe jckabbe@earthlink.net Front End Bounce Resolved I got them locally with list being $170 and my cost $111. The ride height control valve probably has an adjustable control rod, but mine had a steel tab at the axle with several holes in it. It had been set at the highest hole and I moved it to the middle hole.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #74
Neweller

A
1422 8/31/2004 3:43:31 PM 8/31/2004 Joe Russo Relientkone@aol.com 76 Newell with the triple Nickel engine Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 76 Newell In great shape, But here is my problem. The left muffler smokes but the right one is fine. Is it because something is sticking or is the engine going bad. and info will help greatly.

Thank You

-Bob Marley
Old 10-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #75
Neweller

Q
1423 9/1/2004 3:35:56 PM 9/1/2004 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com 76 Newell with the triple Nickel engine Possibly a bad injector, or something else internal. We suggest that you have the problem diagnosed by a Cummins distributor's service department.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #76
Neweller

A
1424 9/3/2004 5:53:34 PM 9/4/2004 Dean 67gto@myvine.com Generator Noise..... Noise Generator? My Kohler/Perkins 12.5K generator has always been noisy. Some noise out of the exhaust pipe (I thnk I can improve that). But most seems to come from the front though the radiator and out of the sides around the wheel openings. Any ideas for quieting it down?
1978 Newell
Thanks,
Dean

-Bob Marley
Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #77
Neweller

Q
1425 9/5/2004 4:59:18 PM 9/5/2004 Mike Jackson o11458@verizon.net Generator Noise..... Noise Generator? I've just purchased a new 2004 Holiday Rambler Ambassador with a 7500 Quiet Diesel generator. I opened the power plant door and was talking on my cell phone to a friend of mine while the generator was running. My friend said he could not even hear the generator at all. They are unbelievably quiet. If your Kohler has many hours on it, you might consider replacing it with a new Onan Quiet GenSet. If not, there are all kinds of sound insolating material that can be used. It can be purchased at a quality auto stereo store. Make sure you donユt block any cooling or air movement corridors with the insulating material. Keep a close eye on the temp. gauge when you first start it up after instillation.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #78
Neweller

A
1426 9/5/2004 6:15:47 PM 9/5/2004 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Generator Noise..... Noise Generator? The largest capacity generator in the Onan Quiet Diesel line a 12.5 KW. This may be adequate for an older model Newell. However, several years ago, we built about a dozen coaches with this generator. We found that a late model Newell with three air conditioners, electric element in the Aqua-Hot system, electric refrigerator, an electric cooktop, etc., would operate this generator at near capacity, with a tendency to overheat. Even working with Onan factory engineers, the overheating problem was not resolved. In addition, at higher altitudes, generator performance degrades, and the 12.5 KW capacity was not adequate. All coaches built with Onan Quiet Diesel generators were retrofitted with 17.5 or 20 KW generators.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #79
Neweller

A
1427 9/8/2004 3:42:10 PM 9/9/2004 Rich Farr toptin@cox.net Air Brake Upgrade 79 Newell 38' - Planning complete brake job and check air system. Front has S-Cam brakes. Rear has earlier style wedge type. Would like to upgrade/improve in the process. Appreciate any tips/comments. Also parts list. Thanks in advance.

-Bob Marley
Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #80
Neweller

Q
1429 9/9/2004 3:00:02 PM 9/10/2004 Kurt Baumann kdb@nygmatech.com Yanmar Genset Won't Start Hello everyone. I have a 93 Newell that the Yanmar Genset won't start in. I have tried all switchs, the ones in the coach and the one inside the generator compartment. I replaced the relay as in the past I would have to unplug and clean those contacts at times for it to start. But this time the generator was running stopped running and now won't start. Has oil, changed the oil and filter about 20 hours before this happened.

There seems to be power to the connector that goes into the relay, but I get no joy in throwing the switch. Any leads will be appreciated, not a serious problem at the moment since I am back from my trip and just trying to do some maintainence on the beast.

Thanks.

-Bob Marley