Hello from Richard and Rhonda - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
Richard and Rhonda

Default Hello from Richard and Rhonda

Hi,

We're Richard and Rhonda Entrekin from Fort Worth Texas. We just purchased a new to us 95 Newell. We sold a 2002 Newmar Mountain Aire to complete the transition.

This may seem like an unconventional move to some, but here were my reasons. First, I am an engineer by training and by nature. Plus, I'm a "car" guy to boot. I worked on the Mountain Aire until it was a sweet machine, but I made the mistake of driving some tag axle coaches. I saw right away that the tag brought something to the ride and drive that even the best chassis without tags didn't have. I then went through the list of high end coaches with tags, Newmar, Country Coach, Monaco, and I quickly discovered that except for slightly better ride and feel that it was going to take a lot of money to significantly improve over what I had. I then changed my search to slightly older Prevosts and Newells. As you know they both ride well, but the Prevost was not as crisp on the handling as the Newell. That's where my car guy preference came in. Also, we really do a lot of outdoor adventure kind of stuff and I couldn't get the over the top interiors of the Prevost to align with hiking boots and backpacks.

I found the difference between slides and non slides didn't really amount to much difference for what we did. The mid door really changes the traffic flow and makes a non slide coach so much more workable.

So, that's how the Newell ended up at the Entrekin hacienda. I am a huge DIY guy, and I won't be happy until I understand the details of how every system on the coach works, and I won't be happy until I am satisfied that every system is in great working order.

We plan on being in the RV world for a long time, and my wife was amused that I kept fixing up and perfecting other vehicles only to sell them. I thought a Newell would provide the proper "bones" so that I could realize the fruits of my fix it labor.

I look forward to chatting with many of you and building upon your experience.

CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
fulltiming

Welcome Richard. There are several DIY types here on the board with coaches that share many of the systems on yours. Post questions and we will attempt to answer based on our experience. Post information and we will be appreciative since we can also learn from you.

Enjoy your Newell.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #3
encantotom

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and I am really glad to have another newbie DIY guy. I am the same and have done and am doing a number of upgrades and changes to my coach that i just got this summer. this forum has been a great help to me as i have learned about the aspects of the coach.

Tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
john wayne

Hi Richard and Rhonda
Welcome to Newell ownership. Glad to see another Diy owner. We own a 74 and one just don't have a 33 year old rig and not fix it yourself. Owned this for 9 years and its still in better shape than most coventenial motorhomes a couple years old. Good luck and happy travels. We boondock exclusively on public land just to enjoy the great outdoors. Don't be afraid to take your Newell down a dirt road. John Wayne