gaz - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
gaz

Default gaz

hi to everyone
,well i got the conversion done on the newell it is now right hand drive ,as it already had a drivers door we did not have to fit a left hand door things like brakes ,lights except low beam dippinng to the left,
suspension ,engine emmissions etc all meet the same laws,stop light and indicators have to be seperate,also we cannot use the gas tank we have use smaller 9 kilo about 20 lbs, and change off, on taps ,the house water system was burst in several places which ment replumbing pretty much the whole coach ,the shower cubicle was rotten from years of water leaks so that ment a complete freshen up so all that is good now,as most of interior was in pretty good shape a good scrub and polish made it shine we fitted new captains chairs in ultra leather and that matched the other seating,
as the table and kitchen showed its age we replaced it with granite tops also on the gaming table and we are real pleased with the inside
while checking steering suspension i found both front wheels were cracked and wheel bearings were on the point of collapse other than that
the mechanicals are in good condition
after all that it was time for registation as i think it is the only one in austalia you can only imagine the reaction at the rego dept after 6 hours of measuring weighing aurguing i finaly got it on the road the number plate is 1980 RV
we then went for a trip last month for a month and got home yesterday 3300 kms
about 2000 miles it went realy good it has a 6V92 nonturbo and returned
10mpg
this is the first time i have tried to write some thing like this not very good
at computering
we will keep you posted in future
all the best from
gaz susie down under
gaz is offline   Reply With Quote