1998 Newell Coach For Sale By Owner * Low miles * 2 slide-outs * Exec cond - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #21
ccjohnson

i thought about bidding also Ken. But have decided I don't want to give up my big tanks! Fran is trying to convince me that Tommy can put big tanks in a newer coach with slides though.

XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #22
Neweller

Clint, you know Tommy at the Newell factory can pull that one off. Fran is right again!

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #23
krusso

This coach is now at $85,100 and over a day to go. I figured I better cast my guess and say it will bring $122,000. It is a very nice Newell. The wife loves the Newell and I had been kind of leaning toward the Wanderlodge. I thought in the past the Wanderlodges were a little bit stronger but now believe the Newell is.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #24
Neweller

Hey, this baby's heading upwards! Looks like some folks have taken notice. I had to put my check book away but its still worth every penny of what its currently at. Looks clean and ready to go!

Ready now, Let's Bid!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #25
Neweller

Less than 20 minutes to go! If you are on this one, be calm and don't loose the snipe. Relax, crack your knuckles and just do it!

Good thing the wife is in Vegas and does not have internet at her parents, or she might be watching it and wanting me to hit it.

-Bob Marley
Old 01-22-2013, 01:09 AM   #26
Neweller

I guess everyone was too busy thinking about how we all spent over 100 million on the inauguration today. Do you realize how many Newell's we could have bought with that much money?

-Bob Marley
Old 01-22-2013, 03:56 AM   #27
ccjohnson

Wow! Did I ever miss the boat!
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #28
Neweller

Ebay on its current course seems to run about 10-25% below true market value on these larger luxury items. This coach probably should have brought a tad more and the asking price is way the heck off in my opinion. But that's a dealer and he may be consigning it for someone or maybe does not understand the market as most dealers do not when there's not a book to valuate for these coaches. Sometimes a dealer will just pull a price from the sky to get a feel for a particular market while also considering the possibility of taking in an over valued trade.

Together we will really start discovering the values of Newell Coaches around here. Personally I have really studied the values on these Newell's for a good 10 years now and it is really hard to valuate something like a Newell for most people when there is no blue (black or NADA) book like many of the other motorhomes or luxury coaches out there. I believe most existing owners do not really about care about pricing until they are ready to sell and then sometimes they have to come to grips with it.

Because we are the major voice in the Newell community, we will set that pace or I guess reality as to values won't we. Dealers can't even get it right or close sometimes, as the easy money or as reasonable financing options are not out there like it was for a number of years.

I think back about 10 years ago to my first Newell and prices though are comparable by age and value as they appear today, and are not holding with inflation, but are a lot of things?

There are a couple of us around here that have kind of conjured up ways to coming up with a better value estimator and can get rather close on the true value but the learning curve is continuous and long.

How many times have you seen someone start out a luxury coach price at $300,000 and end up at around $150,000? I see this example quite often. I can pretty much tell what the fair market value should be on a given coach to make it go away in a reasonable time. There is always that possible stretch, but then sometimes that will kill you in the end. Now, if we are dreaming on a economic recovery anytime soon, that in itself is another story.

Because of the internet, Luxury Coaches seem to follow a similar marketing trend as real estate, of course when you take the demographics out of it.

People need to remember if it matters that a luxury coach is exactly that, a luxury item. Because there always seems to be enough wealth; and while dealing with a well rounded smart company like Newell Coach, knowing how many coaches they will need to build throughout a given year, they can demand that luxury price tag. And just with like BMW's, Mercedes, Jaguar, Exotic Cars and so forth, they become the next person's bargain. Especially if they were well taken care of.

What does that do for all of us, well, it leaves one great opportunity to sport around in luxury on a dime compared to the original owner or company that needs those write-offs. So, Yahoo own a Newell!

-Bob Marley
Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #29
jWolfe

Didn't tune into the inauguration but I'm surprised this nice coach didn't sell.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #30
MrE

I had to work and was not able to tune in to watch the inauguration either, but a friend sent me an email with a picture of them lining up the night before that I can share.
Click image for larger version

Name:	inauguration.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	3211

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote