Travel height - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
Yachts

Default Travel height

Coach seems to always be an inch or so lower on the right side.. It will raise lower and level itself but driving it seems its about an inch or 2lower.. I tried to adjust the height adjust ment rod by making it shorter ( sliding it in) but to no avail I moved it about 3/4 of an inch.. Do I dare try more? Can the 2 sides be that different in where to set the bar?

Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
77newell

Yachts: The height from the ground to the bottom of the lower frame member in front of the rear wheel is generally set to 12 inches. If the height is too low the control rod on that side's level control valve needs to be lengthened. If the height is too high the rod needs to be shortened. The level valves on my coach have a substantial dead zone in the center position, or it least it seems that way as they are very slow to do much unless moved radically. I've found I need to drive it a mile or so before the height settles into an ongoing position. The one nice thing you have going for you is that the valves are consistent in the height they are holding so it is highly probable the valves are fine.

2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
Yachts

Thanks, ill measure both sides tomorrow and play with them..coach just always has a slight lean.. I'm only one that notices but it bothers me...
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote