12v fuse for 12v air compressor - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
encantotom

Default 12v fuse for 12v air compressor

hi all,

for those of you that have a 12v compressor, do you have any idea where the fuse for it is? my compressor blows fuses (according to the doumentation) and i have a new compressor to put in but i have no power at the compressor. so the fuse is blown and i have not found it yet. there is no 12v fuse labled air compressor anywhere that i have found and russ says his is not obvious either.

any wisdom?

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
rheavn

Tom,
The fuse is located on my coach in the 5th basement bay back on the driver's side. Inside the door about 18", mounted high on the front wall, is a fuse block that is covered by an approx 12" X 8" cover that is velcroed in place.

Happy hunting.......................

Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
Bob & Peggy Standeford

Default Thanks Steve for the info.

Thanks Steve for the info on the location of that bank of fuses. I hadn't located those yet. Now I have what may be a dumb question. Is it safe to assume if I find something with a fuse on it it will be 12V and anything that is 110V is on a breaker. I'm looking for a problem on my 110v water pump it won't come on, the 12V works fine, but it would be nice if I had both working.
Bob & Peggy Standeford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
encantotom

my 110v water pump (headhunter) wasnt working when i got my coach. it is powered by the inverter on mine so the breaker was in the panel next to the inverter. i checked the power with a meter at the pump and it was ok.

by the way, there are a lot of self resetting 12v circuit breakers on our rigs. they are different than the fuses, but reset themselves. i keep a few spares of those too. the 110v breakers will all be in a cb panel or a subpanel and look like traditional house circuit breakers.

i am in the process of replumbing it to fit a mach5. the old one was a jetpaq headhunter. the connections are different.

since they used compressed ring pex fittings, i am using the sharkbite pex fittings so i can easily remove them if i need to ever get this pump out. they are quite pricey but easy to use and remove and reuse.

i will post how i get it done when i complete it.

i am off to my usual trip to asia tomorrow so work on the rig will come to a standstill for a few weeks till christmas vacation. (other than ordering stuff to be waiting for me when i get home).

bob, if you want to call me please do. i am around the rest of the day. i will pm you my phone number. i can help you troubleshoot the water pump if you want.

tom

Old 12-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
Bob & Peggy Standeford

Default Thanks Tom

I would love to have your phone number
Bob & Peggy Standeford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
folivier

Hey Tom, when I changed out my water heater I was able to buy some braided stainless hoses with sharkbite fittings attached. Really made the process easier. I keep spare sharkbite fittings in the coach just in case. Yes they are not cheap but the cost of a good pex ring crimper is pretty expensive and takes some skill to get them right so I figured sharkbite would be better.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
encantotom

hi forest, i considered them but the one run that is long enough to use one is the inlet pipe and it has enough suction that it would collapse a hose. so it has to be rigid plumbing. the inlet is just a few inches long each with t's and elbows.

even my plumber friends say the sharkbite or equivalent is high quality stuff.

but it quite expensive at 10-14 bucks a fitting.

thanks

tom