How many of you keep your coach plugged in and air bags pumped when in storage - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
nav star

Default How many of you keep your coach plugged in and air bags pumped when in storage

How many of you keep your coach plugged in and the air bags pumped up the whole time while in storage between runs?

Like for a couple of weeks or months... I know the inverter would be on, in the low mode, but the batteries should be in full charge and I would think keeping the air bags inflated would also be good, of course there is more chance of electrical short outs, especially if a mouse or something chews up the wiring... Thanks

nav star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
afrench45

I leave my coach plug in with the compressors on 365 days. I have finally gotten all the ai r leaks fixed, and new air bags so the compressors run maybe every couple hours.

afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:37 AM   #3
Johnnybgood

We try to keep ours plug in all the time. I turn the starting batteries off and leave the coach batteries and inverter on. ... We just never know when we are taking off on a new adventure in a moments notice.

For example: Our friends from out of town called us up and said they were passing through. Rather than meet at a restaurant we met them with the our coach, at a nice park with the river run by and the wife made a gourmet dinner, steak, seafood, cesar salad, the works and had a great visit and dinner.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #4
Newellmazin

We keep our coach plugged in, with the battery disconnect off for the starting batteries. Our converter maintains a low current charge to the house batteries. So I periodically check the electrolite level in the house batteries. During the winter months, we turn off the refrigerator. The bus maintains its level for along time, but tends to settle in the front.

Despite concerns about running the engine when its cold, I do fire it up on mild days a couple of times during the winter, let it air up, release the brakes and move it a few feet, mainly to ensure the brake shoes don't stick to the drums over the winter. And if you do it on a regular basis it usually starts almost immediately.
Newellmazin is offline   Reply With Quote