Choosing to live full time in your coach? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Nara Queen

Question Choosing to live full time in your coach?

Anytime spent in an RV is more or so an adventure. I know many have choosen to full time because it was once true that the rving lifestyle was less expensive than living in a sticks and bricks house. Do you think this is still true?

We aren't choosing to go full time because of the cost, if it's still less expensive or if it cost the same or more really. We are doing it more for the adventure and not being tied down to one place.

Nara

Nara Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
folivier

I think the costs are entirely related to where you stay, how long you stay at each place (monthly rentals), and how far you drive between places.
The other costs such as maintenance and insurance, etc. are pretty much about the same.

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
Randy J

The first two months we moved around quite a bit. We have been taking it easy now. We stayed at our last spot for 3 months. We plan on staying put until after winter. Maybe stay in the same area for 3-4 months. But moving to different parks. We stay at family or friends when we can. When spring and good weather comes along. We have plans to travel a bit more.

I agree with Forest and Cindy.

It really depends on RV park fees. Most RV parks charge less for longer stays. A lot of parks have monthly rates. Another major bill is fuel and will vary greatly. Depending on how much you move. And how far you travel.

All other costs will be the same. Food. Entertainment. Insurance. Stuff like that.

Leeann

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

Living in a sticks and bricks house can have more up keep. Depending on the size of the house and it's age. If you own a home and a coach you will know the up keep of having them both at the same time and that can add up. So imagine not having the house up keep and expenses. With just a coach it's a lot easier on the pocket book money wise not having two large expenses and mentally it's easier on the mind... to us at least.

If you can say yes you love to travel, you like meeting interesting people, you want to simplify your life in some ways but are open to new adventures and new things. Then I think you'll surly find the adventure your looking for in fulltiming!

Retiring from the military being always on someone else call. Sure, I wanted to serve my country and I did proudly. But I longed for a freedom that fulltiming has given me. Priscilla sometimes misses caring for people because she has a heart of gold. However, she doesn't miss being on her feet for those long shifts. We chose to take an early retirement and our adventure these past six years has been wonderful! After all we're still at it!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:52 AM   #5
1993Newell

For us I'd say we save money. But everyone is different. So, different expenses may apply.

If you want to fulltime for the adventure and not being tied down to one place, then you won't miss much about a stick built home.
If anything is missed it would be our family but being fulltimers allows us to travel to visit them as often as we'd like. (and then leave when we are tired of them, or leave when they are tired of us)

Our children and grandchildren worry about us. So we keep in touch and they always have the names and numbers of the places we are staying.

The expense part is a good factor to think about but most of all you have to enjoy the lifestyle for it to work out.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
Archie T. Hogan

Full-time RVing spells F-R-E-E-D-O-M!

Fulltiming gives you many choices that people who are stuck in stick bound houses do not have. You can move when you are tired of an area. If there is a rude neighbor or barking dog leave! If the weather is to cold or to hot move! See the country, meet new friends the possibilities are endless! Even if it's only for a year or two you'll be able to say you've done it and before you actually try it you'll never really know if you like or not.

Full Timing( Already Started)
Archie T. Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote