Troubleshooting - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
77newell

Default Troubleshooting

I noticed Sean "NewellCrazY" posted a couple really great guides for troubleshooting V92 engines. Having worked as an aircraft mechanic (hammer to fit, paint to match) for several years I did a lot of troubleshooting and found the following question helpful: what has changed in the time between when things were working properly and now when they aren't? In many, but not all cases, something has changed that is related to triggering the problem. Did you fuel up recently, was it hot (or cold) when things were good and are the opposite now when things aren't. Providing either yourself or the technician the most precise information about when the problem exists and doesn't is really helpful. There are especially the "since-you" problems; as in since you worked on it it's not working right.

An example may help, my air suspension was leaking down with the engine off on the left side since I replaced the air bags. Obviously there was a leak so I used soapy water to check of leaks in all that I had disconnected and connected. I found no leaks. Musing over-night about what else I had touched in the process I remembered I had disconnected and then reconnected the rod on the level control valve. I crawled under the coach and found just a tiny bit of looseness in the bolts securing the rod ends. I tightened the bolts and lo the side stays up. How it could make this much difference is a mystery to me, but since the rod was the only other thing I had touched from before to after the problem appeared it made sense to tighten the bolts just a tiny bit and it worked.

jon
77coach

2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Randy J

Good points Jon. Back tracking your steps. You will be surprised it could be a simple fix.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
GringoPhil

Great post Jon, I could not agree more. The more info provided when seeking help the easier it will be for others to troubleshoot your problem.

Phil