Just having a blast! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 AM   #1
Merrill One

Default Just having a blast!

I can really say that my wife and I are really enjoying the full time lifestyle of living in our Newell RV. We have had our current coach for about a 1 1/2 years now which we aquired from a private party. We are the third owners and really have had good luck with the Newell.

We really traded up when we got rid of our Allegro Bus that was actually totaled when I went off the road during a wind/ice storm a couple of years ago. We thought it would be an end to our RV lifestyle and then got bit again by the bug shortly there after, but decided we wanted something a little safer and the beast of a coach we now have is really our angel on the road.

Thanks Newell for making such a masterpiece of an RV.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
fulltiming

As you are probably noticing, Newell's stand up to fulltime use much better than lesser brands. That is great when you are parked. On the road, the extra weight and quality of design and construction make life much more pleasant.

Glad you are enjoying your coach as much as we are.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
chockwald

Our first thought upon stepping inside our 1982 Newell (a few weeks prior to actually purchasing it) was that we could "see" ourselves spending month after month living in it. We had not had this feeling before. Now 6 weeks after purchasing it and taking it out for a couple of long weekends we are even more satisfied with our decision.

We plan within the next 5 years to move toward fulltiming, and had been looking for over a year for a motorhome that would serve as a home away from home for up to 6 months at at time. :lol:
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:56 AM   #4
faerie

we currently own a 36 ft national tropical. we parttime now but want to upgrade to a newell 40 ft or bigger within the next 8 years as we are planning to fulltime. any suggestions, things you discovered you prefer or could do without? any help would be great. thanks
faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:08 AM   #5
zcasa

Well, the Creede mini rally is approaching rapidly. Safe travels to all attending. It looks like the weather will be getting better. Right now it is 53 degrees in Denver and a low of 48 tonight. Warming trend ahead, which could serve us well in Creede. Enjoy your travels and we look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

David
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
Richard and Rhonda

The Aridzona Tejas contingent says don't wish the cold temps away :-)
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
chockwald

The So. Cal. contingent is looking forward to cool temps, in fact we are planning our trip around being in cool temps each night. We will leave our home (925' elevation) at 5am tomorrow morning to climb Cajon Pass (4,190' elevation) in the cool of the morning. Our first night will be Flagstaff, AZ (6,910' elevation), and 2nd night will be Cortez, CO (6,201' elevation)....we may get to Creede a day early!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
Richard and Rhonda

Look for us, I am jonesin to leave early.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
encantotom

i was working late to get ready last nite and was up at 6am to work before it got hot.

the coach is mostly loaded, flushed septic, full water, windshields cleaned, tools in, tires aired up and darlene is making bread.

i think we will either leave tonite or early in the morning. we will be in creede by sat afternoon. i like to get out of the heat in the dark so it isnt so incredibly hot.

it will be nice to get out of the 115 degrees (although yesterday was only 108)

darlene made up some extra mirror/wiper and windshield covers if any of you are interested while we are there. she made some cool picnic table covers too.

michael, we are gonna miss you and georgia. you tool wally, steve, tuga, pet, et all.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #10
tuga

Thanks Tom,

We will miss all of you guys and that cool dry air in Creede.

It was 97 degrees today in Houma (LA) and the humidity was about 80%; not fun!

If Karen didn't have to work I would be in Colorado in a flash. Russo and Forest are leaving tomorrow afternoon. Boy, I wish I was going with them.

Drink a root beer toast to me and Karen at the pot luck supper. Boy, I wish we were going. Did I just say that!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #11
Tom and Linda Schneider

Location: wherever we're parked, at this time we are living in Indio, CA

We aquired our '79 Bud Eisenlor Coach in June 29, 1999 from Jay DeMel who had purchased it from the second owner, Curtis King Jr. We had been looking for a change in our lives and this seemed to be our response. We had flown down to see it and then went back to Washington to begin our new life. We flew back to Jay's house and we sealed the deal. That was June, 1999 while I was finishing up my massage license. After that we hit the road and have been balancing work and play since then. We are full timers and are currently living in Indio, CA where we both work. This is the longest time we've settled in one place and are looking forward to hitting the road in May.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #12
Tom and Linda Schneider

Location: wherever we're parked, at this time we are living in Indio, CA
Default Enjoying life in our '79 Newell...

We aquired our '79 Bud Eisenlor Coach in June 29, 1999 from Jay DeMel who had purchased it from the second owner, Curtis King Jr. We had been looking for a change in our lives and this seemed to be our response. We had flown down to see it and then went back to Washington to begin our new life. We flew back to Jay's house and we sealed the deal. That was June, 1999 while I was finishing up my massage license. After that we hit the road and have been balancing work and play since then. We are full timers and are currently living in Indio, CA where we both work. This is the longest time we've settled in one place and are looking forward to hitting the road in May! Our upcoming travels will take us to Baja, Lake Havasu and New Mexico hunting mushrooms...
Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #13
ALIEN PATROL

We picked up our coach two months ago and plan to full time it from now on. Any recomendations for locations on the west coast? We are really happy with the Newell, top quality and their customer support is awesome. Can't believe they don't charge for their customer support. A about a month ago we did not leave the generator run long enough and we lost power early in the AM. Since we were so new we did not know how to open the center pocket door, called them on a Sunday and they called us right back within 15 minutes with help. What a great company.

Talked with some Monico owners while on the trip. Would not want be an owner of those or Country Coach. While we were in Coberg OR I called Monico and spoke with their service dept, they said they have not produced a coach for over a year - yikes!
Hope one day to see another Newell owner!
Jim & Sandy
2001 Newell 45LC102 Tag #579
500 HP Detroit
Allison HD4060 World Trany
02 Escalade Tow Vehicle
2 Black Labs just for fun
ALIEN PATROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:49 AM   #14
afrench45

This past December, I was in Indio California and i saw your coach there at one of the resorts. Its beautiful. If you haven't ever been out to Indio, its my favorite place to go. The scenery is gorgeous! Enjoy your Coach!
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:20 AM   #15
ALIEN PATROL

Yes, the second owner owns property there. Unfortunatly, he just lost his wife after we purchased his coach. Very sad, we did not get to know his wife as she was il at the time. Great guy, we spent a month with him and we wish him the best. Loosing family is never easy and we never "get" over these losses. Our best wishes go out to Neal and his family.
Afrench45:
Where are you located?
Jim & Sandy
500 HP Detroit
02 Escalade Tow Vehicle
Old 09-22-2009, 02:25 AM   #16
afrench45

Im in Oklahoma City. I will be out in Indio California around christmas time. Im not sure if you are interested in going east, but Destin Florida is one of our favorite spots to go. They have a beautiful motorcoach resort right across from the beach and its spectacular.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 AM   #17
ALIEN PATROL

How long are you going to be in So Cal? We will likely head to the SW in January and it would be great to hook up. We are considering a trip out to the Key's next year. Do you have a link to the resort?
Jim & Sandy
500 HP Detroit
02 Escalade Tow Vehicle
Old 09-22-2009, 02:47 AM   #18
afrench45

unfortunately I have to get my kids back to school, so we are only out there for about two weeks. Otherwise, I would spend more time there. The link to the resort in Destin is http://www.destinrvresort.com/ It is a beautiful place, we go there at least once a year, and know many people that go there too.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #19
Rose & Doug

Default Full time in Newell since first of May

We didn't know anything about this forum or really even about the Newell brand. This is our first motor coach of any kind. We found our Newell in Southern Ca. and are absolutely loving it and learning as we go. We stayed a few months in the desert of southern Ca., and as soon as the rest of the country started warming up we headed out. This summer, we've been all over visiting family in Colorado, Indiana, airshow in Wisconsin, friends in Northern Michigan, family in Massachusetts, and in Maine., back through mid-west again just doing whatever comes to mind. Next we are on to the Reno air races and then....."wherever". We are just the two of us and a bird in a 45 ft. with no slides and we have plenty of room! We love our home and this lifestyle. This is the "only" way to be on the ground....... "Today is Someday" for us!!!
The only way we will ever be attached to one spot again is if we find a hangar someplace (no snow or ice) with a 5,000 ft runway, large enough to park the plane and the coach inside, and alternate taking them out.
Doug & Rose
1992 coach #295
2001 Odyssey minivan
Our license plates say South Dakota, but ................
Rose & Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:17 AM   #20
prairieschooner

We have friends going to the Reno Air Races. Post a picture of your coach so I can direct them.
Pat is the guys name, he just lost his wife to cancer. He will be driving a Chevy Pick-Up with a Travel Trailer; most likely like allot of others.

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote