Whats up with this? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
express1

Default Whats up with this?

280 views of my coach for sale, and not one (1) phone call????? Glad I'm not selling because I need to eat...... Must be a totally different league to sell million dollar rigs...... although this is the only place I have it listed. Hope to head out to Indio in December..... I could get more traffic on selling ice in Alaska or sand at the beach....

express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #2
rheavn

Matt,
I hope you take this constructively as that it the spirit it is written. I've seen your coach, but remember the person who is going to buy it hasn't. I sold my last coach in five days. A picture is worth a thousand words. Add pictures to your ad and make sure that every picture you post is complimentary. "Stage" your coach for pictures. Also your narrative is very important. The phrase that sold my coach was something I didn't think was important, but he did. Giving very little info in your ad is a turn off as it makes people think you're not serious. Asking some one to go to another area or web site is a turn off. I think you have it priced right. Just take a second look at your marketing strategy.

Hope this helps...........................

Old 09-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
express1

Default sale of coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheavn View Post
Matt,
I hope you take this constructively as that it the spirit it is written. I've seen your coach, but remember the person who is going to buy it hasn't. I sold my last coach in five days. A picture is worth a thousand words. Add pictures to your ad and make sure that every picture you post is complimentary. "Stage" your coach for pictures. Also your narrative is very important. The phrase that sold my coach was something I didn't think was important, but he did. Giving very little info in your ad is a turn off as it makes people think you're not serious. Asking some one to go to another area or web site is a turn off. I think you have it priced right. Just take a second look at your marketing strategy.

Hope this helps...........................
Steve, I've had pictures, and I think good ones, since the second week... My coach has been seen in many places online and in person.... I think it may be a sign of times with fun money...... If you can't see pictures something must be in error with site or my editing.....
matt
Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
afrench45

Any coaches you have your eye on matt?
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
chockwald

Matt, where is your coach listed?
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #6
rheavn

Matt,
I took another look at your ad. Last time I saw your ad there were no pixs. My mistake. The interior pixs look pretty good. My only suggestion is when you take an interior picture turn all the lights on, get rid of personal items and experiment with different sun levels. Look at how Newell shows their coaches. Your coach is good looking on the outside. Take some new pixs of the exterior where it is the focus. Take off the sunscreens--makes it looked lived in. Lived in--people think wore out. Now write a narrative that makes a stranger want to call you to get more information. Remember Newells have many qualities that other coaches don't have, but you have to highlight them. No doubt this is a tough market. Banks are basically not lending on coaches over ten years old, so you have a big challenge. On the other hand coaches are selling. When no one calls don't blame some one else, look at what you're doing and change it up.

Tough love for a friend.......................
Old 09-30-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
zcasa

Hey Matt:

When we sold our Coach last year we advertised it on three sites. Invested less than a $100 in that. We took what we determined to be the fair market value and DEDUCTED one year of total carrying costs all in, storage, maintenance, depreciation etc. Our attitude was what difference does it make to get fair value if it takes a year? We sold it in 36 hours. While I would like to think I am a genius, a couple that had been looking for a year saw ours and the rest is history. Steve has some good ideas and expertise. Your Coach is gorgeous and unique in it's color scheme. Your buyer is out there just like you were. I think pictures and price will sell your Coach and the narrative to get people to contact you. Best wishes.

David
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
express1

Thanks guys for input, I am not a pressure salesman. I also don't want questions like,
How many does it sleep?
How much GAS does it hold?
I think Newells will sell to someone shopping for Newells.
I think Clarke answered my question, "Where is your coach listed"
thanks again,
Happy Trails.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #9
tuga

Ask any shopper/buyer what they are looking for in a coach and they will tell you a meticulously cared-for coach that shows brand new. That is what they will find with Russo's Newell.

I would advertise on RVOnline.com, FMAC magazine, and eBay. eBay probably will not yield a sale initially, but it will help you locate people who are ready to buy.

Price it fairly! You have a shot at only a handful of folks, don't let them get away. Some sellers (not you) believe that buyers don't research the value of a coach before they buy - they just see it - like it - and write the check. IMO these buyers are few and far between. Before a guy is going to plop down $100K or so he is going to look around and see what other coaches sold for. Buyers are looking for new tires, new batteries, and maintenance records.

The coaches that have been on the sites for years are either overpriced or have issues. The ones that sell right away are priced attractively and are spit-shined.

Regarding the stupid questions: get ready - they're coming!

It took about 3 years for me to sell my last 1993 Newell. I sold it in 2005 after Katrina - go figure! I feel that listing it on eBay is what sold it; it sold within a few weeks of appearing on eBay. The high bidder didn't reach the reserve price that I had set (I included my name and phone number in the eBay ad) so after the auction was over he called me and we hammered out a deal. If it doesn't sell on eBay the first auction keep re-listing it until you get some phone calls.

Good Luck, IMO it should sell quickly if it is properly advertised because it is very clean and well maintained.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #10
prairieschooner

personally I am glad that you haven't sold it! I am still looking forward to having a beer with you in the Palm Springs area this winter!!!
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #11
express1

Default either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieschooner View Post
personally I am glad that you haven't sold it! I am still looking forward to having a beer with you in the Palm Springs area this winter!!!
Wouldn't miss it. Looking forward to a warm winter....
Dexter Time!!!

if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.