Working on my plumbing issues. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
Newell Nut

Default Working on my plumbing issues.

Looking for suggestions?

Here is what I have going, recently encountered a unexpected freeze and now have a couple cracked copper pipes ( I was not able to have my basement heater running to prevent it). My coach has had a couple of previous owners and some things in the plumbing compartment have been changed and since this problem has occured I am thinking about redoing the compartment plumbing. There is a disconnected older water filtration system and I have another I would like to hook up in its place, there are three different drain valves and I don't think I need all of them and am thinking of deleting one or two. I don't really care for the arrangement of everthing and the difficulty it would be of removing the water tank (which may be another issue I will ask for opinions on next), besides the arrangement of this plumbing seems to take up a lot of wasted space.

I wonder if anyone may have a standard type of a plumbing layout mainly for the valves and etc.. I know that there can be different arrangements depending on how the coach was originally ordered but I believe that a lot are very similar or even the same in this area or the coach.

Thanks so much in advance for any helpful hints or suggestions.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:12 AM   #2
HereWeGo

Now's a great time to redo everthing in PEX flexible tubing. Very simple and cost effective to do. You may have one extra valve but you should retain one for the city water and one for the water pump, there should be one additional for coming off the tank as well. I you have the gate design twist valves, I would upgrade to the lever design ball valves. I did this on a coach and what a wonderful improvement. Freed up some additional storage space and didn't have any more troubles with the pipes freezing and spliting during the winter.
HereWeGo is offline   Reply With Quote