1972 Chauffeur - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
sopicki

Default 1972 Chauffeur

Hello all,

My wife and I are the ones who purchased the terquoise 1972 Newell with chauffeur's quarters that was in Julian CA. We purchased it last week and have it stored for the moment. We will be driving it back to Ohio during the 2nd week of May after it receives a full maintenance check at the end of April.

This is our second 70's vintage motorhome as we will be selling our 1973 Midas Mini once I finish replacing it's generator in the next week or two. We were looking for something bigger now that we have grandchildren so this should do nicely.

I posted the pictures that were in the sales ad in the albums section, I don't have any other pictures yet.

It's runs and idles very well and the brakes feel great. Electrically it is a bit of a mess so thank goodness I'm fairly skilled at wiring. My wife cannot wait to get it home and start working on it.

It came with almost no paperwork. Prior to 1981 there is nothing, no operators manuals, no system diagrams, no history. I know that the electricals have been modified since 1972 and no two Newell's are alike, but a wiring diagram from something similar would at least provide a starting point.

Does anyone have a diagram that they can share?

Also, I've never worked with air bags and this coach has an airbag suspension. Does anyone have a system diagram or operation manual for a bag system of this vintage?

Down the road we'd like to install a Newell bunk bed for the grandkids. Any info on how these beds were installed or attached would be appreciated....or even where I could locate one for sale.

Well, that's it for now. We will be naming the coach the "Carole Ann" in honor of my mother who died on Thanksgiving day last year.....she loved RVing.

Thanks,

Bob and Peni
Massillon OH
sopicki is offline   Reply With Quote