Just Learning about Newell - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
grusco

Arrow Just Learning about Newell

Ten years ago I bought my second motorhome (2001 Country Coach Intrigue) and full-timed for about 3 years. I've been back in sticks and bricks but in another few years want to return to a motor home and it'll be a Newell (very used) or Foretravel. With production coaches it's fairly easy to see what technology is being used e.g., Country Coach began using independent front suspension in 2000 in most models. I need help from you Newell veterans in looking at used coaches. If you were spending less than 200k what would you look for? What years of production? Suspension, motor, or other aspects you would look for? I realize this is really open ended but I need to start somewhere and there's no better place than with experts such as yourselves! I'm open to all advice and suggestions.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
rheavn

Gene,
I previously owned CC Intrigue #10673. In March 2010 I sold it & now own a 2 slide Newell. It is a buyers market & there are incredible buys to be made. With your budget you should be looking at a 1998 to 2002 dual slide Newell. Don't let 100,000 miles scare you as these things are built like tanks. At the '98 level you can buy well under $200K. As you get newer obviously the prices go up, but I know of a 2001 2 slide that sold for under $200K. This group of years is very similar although there was a nose change in 2000. All in these years will have the series 60 Detroit Diesel engine, independent front suspension & the 6 speed Allison.

My search revealed that no two Newells are appointed alike. Myself I shopped condition, floorplan & how it was appointed. I didn't lock myself in to a certain year. I am very happy with my upgrade! If you have more specific questions feel free to ask, but I hope I gave you a place to start.