Tech Talk Archives 14 - Page 4 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 AM   #61
Neweller

Q
1909 1/21/2006 12:41:28 PM 1/22/2006 Ray Stiltner rvnstiltner@earthlink.net Alarm System The owners manual for my 96 45' Newell state that the interior alarm arming switch is located in the upper cabinet just aft of the main entry door. There is no switch located there. There is an alarm arming switch located on the main control panel above the stove. I have located the exterior switch on the basement door and followed the instructions in the manual and the alarm does not function. I check continuity on the exterior keyed switch and there is continuity when I turn the key. I do not see a wiring diagram in all the paperwork so I have no idea on how to troubleshoot this problem.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 AM   #62
Neweller

Q
1910 1/22/2006 7:28:01 PM 1/22/2006 cheryl blake aaalab@hotmail.com 1978 newell for sale I have a wonderful coach. Everything works great, inside and out. In wonderful condition. We can't use due to our schdule. plans have changed. We will listen to offers as we need to vacate our daughter's storage garage. Please call (home)509 235-6694 or (work)235-9390. Has matching tow car also. Was 45K - please offer to good home.

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 AM   #63
Neweller

A
1911 1/22/2006 8:21:55 PM 1/22/2006 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Rear Reflector Lights on 96 Newell Call Newell Parts at 1-888-3NEWELL.

TechTalk Staff

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #64
Neweller

A
1912 1/22/2006 8:25:13 PM 1/22/2006 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com ignition switch replacement It sounds like this may well be the tilt wheel GM column, with ignition switch, made by Saginaw and used by Newell for many years. If so, virtually any General Motors dealer has the tools and expertise to service this column.

TechTalk Staff

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #65
Neweller

A
1913 1/23/2006 3:18:34 PM 1/28/2006 Ray Stiltner rvnstiltner@earthlink.net Rear Reflector Lights on 96 Newell I called them prior to posting the email. They told me the reflectors were not available and that I could install a complete tail light assy instead but all the wiring is collected behind these reflectors and installing another light assy there would be a fairly hard chore.

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #66
Neweller

A
1916 1/27/2006 7:43:10 AM 1/28/2006 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Rear Reflector Lights on 96 Newell While conversion to the newer design tail lights requires a one-time rework of the wiring, there are long term benefits from making this change. The old design contained sealed individual light and reflector units, requiring the replacement of the lens and the reflector, when a bulb failed. The replacement units allow for individual bulb replacements, versus replacing the lens and reflector every time a bulb failed. This means a long term cost savings for our cutomer. If some advice is needed for the wiring changes required, call the Newell Service Department toll free at 1-888-3NEWELL.

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #67
Neweller

A
1917 1/27/2006 9:57:31 AM 1/29/2006 Randy Coleman colemanwine.com Pre-92 Newell's For Sale Section I am considering a perchase of a 1990 Newell. Are there any areas of concern for this vintage coach?

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #68
Neweller

A
1918 1/27/2006 5:12:46 PM 1/29/2006 Patrick Kennedy n7667d@yahoo.com Diesel smell in storage and coach. We have a 94 45' and the aqua hot seems to put out a strong odor of diesel fuel. The unit works fine and the smell is worse when the coach is moving.
Help Please.

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #69
Neweller

Q
1919 1/28/2006 9:48:25 PM 1/29/2006 Eddie Huffstetter EddieHuffstetter@hotmail.com Tech Talk - Thanks! I really appreciate the entire site, especially the History and TechTalk. I am the owner of a 1966 StreamLine and it was wonderful to see my coach on the history legacy page. My thanks to Tom Patterson for his web-site that ultimately brought me into Newell. Twenty years ago, the story I got was that Mr. Newell wanted Streamline to custom build a luxery coach for him and their refusal led to the challenge, buy the company and build it yourself. Anyway, I liked the story and it doesn't really matter does it? [Editor's note: The story of Mr. Newell buying the motorhome division of Streamline in 1967 is essentially true. However, it was not because Streamline refused to build a coach for Mr. Newell. Streamline actually built the coach, and Mr. Newell took delivery. But according to legend (and perhaps true), Mr. Newell commented critically to Streamline's owner regarding certain aspects of his new Steamline coach. Streamline's owner responded, "If you are so smart, why don't you just buy my motorhome division." As they say, the rest is history, ironically with Streamline staying in the trailer business until about 1972 when they went broke.]

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #70
Neweller

Q
1920 1/29/2006 6:43:49 AM 1/29/2006 Thomas St. Clair stctom@yahoo.com replacing appliances When replacing a refrigerator or washer/dryer does the windshield have to come out? Wouldn't it be easier to remove a slide if there was a small passenger front slide?

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #71
Neweller

Q
1921 1/29/2006 9:00:37 AM 1/30/2006 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com replacing appliances As a general rule, appliances, including refrigerators, can be replaced through the entry door. However, Newell will do a wide range of customization, so it is possible that a coach is equipped with an appliance that will not go through the entry door. It is also possible that an appliance can be removed through the entry door, but that it would be difficult. In this case, we recommend that consideration be given to removing a windshield. Removing and replacing a slide-out is not recommended. This requires an experienced Newell technician, and involves perhaps 30 hours of labor.

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #72
Neweller

A
1922 1/29/2006 11:28:01 AM 1/30/2006 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Diesel smell in storage and coach. There are a number of components in the diesel fuel system of an Aqua-Hot. If a leak occurs, a fiberglass mat on the floor of the unit can become
saturated with diesel and will need to be removed once the underlying leak is diagnosed and corrected. Perhaps more important: it is recommended by Aqua-Hot that the entire system be serviced annually by a trained technician. This item is included on Newell's recommended periodic maintenance schedule. Newell's can receive complete recommended period maintenance, including the Aqua-Hot system, at the factory service center in Miami. If this is not a practical option, the periodic service schedule is included in the Newell Owner's Manual. The most current version is available by mail or fax by calling the Newell Service Department at 1-888-3NEWELL. A

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #73
Neweller

A
1923 1/29/2006 11:28:29 AM 1/30/2006 Clay Ghylin thistlepuss@yahoo.com Looking to Buy I'm in the market for a pre-owned Newell coach.... 1970's to 1980's models....(prefer 36',38')
Please email me, if you know of one....
Thanks, Clay G.

[Editor's note: please email responses directly to the email address shown on this posting rather than posting responses to the board.]

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #74
Neweller

Q
1924 1/30/2006 9:56:59 AM 1/30/2006 Jarrod Mesloh labsnsand@cccomm.net 1985 Newell Coach For Sale New E-mail labsnsand@cccomm.net. Price has been reduced again to $45,000. Serious inquiries only, I am not retired so my time is very limited. This is a used coach with a used price tag, nothing more nothing less.

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #75
Neweller

A
1925 1/31/2006 8:06:55 AM 2/4/2006 Mike Thomas mclub@hotmail.com Are European models available? My family and I want motor home to use in the USA for two years and then ship it to Europe for use there. So the question is does Newell make a European model, i.e., less than 102 inches wide to meet European legal requirements?

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #76
Neweller

Q
1926 1/31/2006 4:23:18 PM 2/4/2006 Thomas St. Clair stctom@yahoo.com replacing appliances "Standard" refrigerators, including sub zeros as well as washers and dryers can go through the entry door? Mid entry?

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #77
Neweller

A
1928 2/2/2006 12:56:33 PM 2/4/2006 Philip Turner xboomer@peoplepc.com Looking to Buy I'm looking to buy a pre-owned 1995/1996 Newell Coach, Series 60 engine, no slides, 40ft long...Thanks, Philip Turner.

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #78
Neweller

A
1929 2/3/2006 3:16:43 PM 2/4/2006 Wayne Vidrine wayne@citizensbankvp.net Looking to Buy I have for sale a 1984 Newell Coach in overall good condition. All systems have been recently checked and in working condition. This coach has a Cummins engine, diesel generator and is 40 feet in length. Asking $37,500.00. If interested call Wayne @ 337.884.1813 or e-mail to the address above.

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #79
Neweller

A
1930 2/4/2006 4:05:05 PM 2/4/2006 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Are European models available? Through the years, Newell has built a number of coaches with special specifications to allow export to foreign markets, including Europe, Japan, and the Middle East. A number of Newells have been custom built for and used by participants in Formula One auto racing. However, the export situation is complicated and must be considered on a case-by-case basis. We suggest that anyone wishing to consider ordering a Newell for export contact the Newell sales department to discuss the particular requirements.

-Bob Marley
Old 11-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #80
Neweller

A
1932 2/6/2006 12:02:53 PM 2/11/2006 Rich Farr toptin@cox.net chassis type - For Newell Tech folks -
We have 1979 Newell 38 foot. Could you please share what type of Bus chassis (components) Newell used for this coach? Thanks..

-Bob Marley