We are home from Israel and Egypt - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
encantotom

Default We are home from Israel and Egypt

hi old and new friends. many of you knew Darlene and I had been in the middle since middle october. We got home two weeks ago with no incidents. our final two weeks were in egypt and we arrived there on the coptic christmas and the week before there had been a coptic church bombed. othere than celebrations aimed at showing unity between the christians and muslims, there was no sign af anything like what is going on now. fortunately we flew out of cairo after two full weeks of sightseeing all over egypt just a few days prior to the riots.

our time in israel was amazing as we had the time to do all of the normal sightseeing several times and more off the beaten path areas as well. we loved it there. we had a couple of friends that we met while there over for dinner this past wednesday nite as they were in the states for a work visit, and they said that israelis were concerned deeply about what is going on in egypt because there had been peace between them for so long we made many new friends in israel. as i talked about the newell, it was beyond their ability to understand that anyone could own their own bus. when i took a couple of them through it this past week when they were visiting here, they were blown away.

i gotta tell you, i have travelled many parts of the world, but as dorothy says "theres no place like home"

happy saturday.

oh yea, and the newell started right up after 3 months....

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
chockwald

No better mechanical sound in the world than the 8V rumbling to life after 3 months.....

Our view this morning....Faria Park, just north of Ventura about 4 miles....30 feet from the Pacific Ocean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DIGI0024.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	965   Click image for larger version

Name:	DIGI0005.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	966  

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
rheavn

Tom,
Timing in life is everything & your timing couldn't have been better. We thought about you as the Egypt situation developed. You got to see the wonders of Egypt, before the situation turned precarious. Glad to have you back in the 48.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
larryweikart

Do any of you know of a LP injection system for diesel engines. I saw one today in Sebring Fl. installed on the LP delivery truck that came to fill my tank. He told me that they have measured the fuel mileage very closely, on highway driving, and it increased their mileage by 3mpg and that there is a tax credit for installation. He also told me that the system increased the power of the engine noticeably. They've had it on this truck for 2 years with no known problems. Sounds kind of interesting.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
HoosierDaddy

Yes , Bullydog and Diesel Performance Products makes a propane injection system. A few guys on the Busnut online site have run propane on their older busses. Gale Banks says that there are a lot of modifications one could make that would add power and efficiency before attempting LPG injection. (Admittedly, he sells those other power-adders but I believe he also is quite respected among diesel tuners) There is debate as to whether it would shorten engine life. A pyrometer would be a "must have" when applying LPG.
I, too have been intrigued by LPG injection.
1993 Newell 45'#316, 1976 Trans Am 455, 1967 GTO, 1953 Chevrolet 3105 (panel truck),1952 Chevrolet 3600,1969 Airstream Overlander. Always fixing something!
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
HoosierDaddy

Default Here Ya Go!

http://www.dieselperformanceproducts...inearticle.PDF
1993 Newell 45'#316, 1976 Trans Am 455, 1967 GTO, 1953 Chevrolet 3105 (panel truck),1952 Chevrolet 3600,1969 Airstream Overlander. Always fixing something!
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
larryweikart

Thanks for your thoughts Dean. I would be concerned with life expectancy also. Maybe the old thought, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here!
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #8
RFeldes

Welcome home Tom. You seem to live a charmed life.

RFeldes is offline   Reply With Quote