Hi everyone! Mike & Kelly Here! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Gizmo

Default Hi everyone! Mike & Kelly Here!

Hi everyone!

I've done quite a bit of research and reading the past several months and have come a long way from where I started. My wife and I have been looking to get a used diesel pusher with a budget of no more than $70K Our intent is to do some extended weekend trips 1-2x a month as well as a couple of week long trips. We put an offer on a '92 Wanderlodge several weeks back through a consignment dealer but was outbid. No biggie. We're thirty-somethings and want to make sure it's the right coach AND the right price. In the process of looking at the wanderlodge, I fell in love with the build quality of Newell's. It isn't to say there aren't other nice coaches out there because I've walked through many fine motorhomes in my search. For whatever the reason, I just really enjoyed being in and around the Newells. That being said, this brand seems to come with a cost so I'm seeking the wisdom from the wealth of knowledge that surrounds this board. I have found a 1993 Newell Coach that looks to be had for under $60K (140K miles) but will most likely need new tires.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
The Newell

Welcome Mike and Kelly,

I hope you are enjoying the Newell Forums, You have just found and joined the most informative website pertaining to Luxury Coach Ownership on the web. If you have any questions/answers please feel free to post them or to send one of us moderators a private message. We are all here to help so don't be afraid to call on us!

You know both coaches (Newell & Wanderlodge) both made/make a fine product. I do understand what your saying when you state you really enjoyed being in & around a Newell. There is nothing like a Newell Coach and probably never will be.

Remember Newell Coach is in a league of their own.

Welcome Again!

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
ccjohnson

Mike,
That sounds like a reasonable price if everything except tires is in decent condition. We had a 3rd party do an inspection before we took delivery of ours. Cost was about 500. Still had a surprise here & there. Tires will be +/- 5K. Keep the rest of your budget safe & on hand for any major surprises that can pop up in an older coach from time to time. the worst would be an engine at +/-20K. Most other major surprises can be handled for 5K or less usually.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
MrE

For comparison purposes, here's a link to a 1994 45' listed in the classifieds. They're also asking under $60k and it has approximately 125k miles. Not sure where you're located or if you want to travel, but it's located in Alabama. A wonderful Coach at a fantastic price
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Neweller

Mike and Kelly, so very glad you have signed up and joined us here. I know many folks are lurkers and for long times before finally signing up and getting involved. Sounds like you are taking the the responsible steps here in your quest for possible Newell ownership. You will get plenty of help as that is why most of us are here, to help one another. Asking questions will definitely get you much more acquainted than if you hadn't. The last thing you want to be around here is gun shy, so to speak.

You have more than likely read many posts, especially here in the welcome section that will address many of concerns to those doing their due-diligence prior to luxury coach ownership.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
cdat

Welcome to the forum, there are some great people here with a wealth of knowledge as I'm finding out. We just purchased our Newell, I got lots of great advice from the folks here, and ended up getting one thru an auction. You shouldn't have a problem finding a good coach in your price range. The classifieds here are a good source, as is checking craigslist around the country.
Good Luck
John
cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
JustDustin

Welcome Mike and Kelly!
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #8
jWolfe

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #9
Cheri Smith

[h=2]Welcome! We always like it when new folks join in the fun here![/h]

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #10
NewellCrazy

Welcome to our wonderful world of Luxury Coach ownership!!!! Glad you joined and ask away any questions you might have.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote