Wastewater tank leaking? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
Raul Cortez

Default Wastewater tank leaking?

We are currently living in our coach away from home. This weekend we left our coach for a three day trip back home. We arrived back at our coach today Tuesday, and we noticed a "smell" on the outide of the coach. The inside was normal. I looked around the coach and noticed water dripping from the tankage compartment hole plug. I openned the bay door and discovered the "smell" was "black" water in the tankage compartment? I looked through both sides but could not see the source of the leak? Does anyone have any ideas on where to begin to look? And how to locate where the leak may be? The reason I say "black" water is because presently I have the main dump valve closed, and the pneumatic valve open. I believe this enables all "grey" water to exit directly to the sewer line, and keeps only the "black" water in the tank. I have already emptied the tank just in case I was getting a false reading on my display. How do I find the leak if indeed it is a leak?

Raul Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:06 AM   #2
John Clark

What year is your coach (pre-1980)? Does it have a steel holding tank or is it plastic? If it is made of steel, read the response on 3/7/2001. How full was your tank when you found the leak (turn off the water pump and look down the toilet with a flashlight)? Do you have the electric powered waste treatment system? Was there moisture on top of the tank? Was the coach level? If so, which side was the black water dripping out of?

John Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:07 AM   #3
Raul Cortez

After calling Tommy at Newell Service, I have found the leak to be a two inch crack in the plastic holding tank. Why it just started leaking, beats the heck out of me? Luckily it was near the edge where I was able to use some "Goop" marine repair. It was a bit difficult removing the aluminum Formica panel where the outside faucet is located, but I did it. Putting it back was even more challenging. Unfortunately it received several bends and scratches. Thanks John Clark for your offer to help. My coach is a 1995 with a plastic tank. Coach #401
Raul Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote