Finally found the panel - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2008, 03:31 AM   #1
gstarkie@utah.gov

Default Finally found the panel

Well I finally found the electrical circuit breaker panel. As Michel said "keep it simple" There it was behind a set of cabinet doors under the vanity in the bedroom, Even my wife had'nt noticed the doors but finally found it and the wiring system looks good. We just came home from a short run to Lehman caves in Eastern Nevada it was a great tripwith some minor fuel line leakagebut all tuned out well, I will get the bugs out eventually. Thanks for everything. Graham

gstarkie@utah.gov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
chockwald

We bypassed Lehman Caves on our way back from Utah last June, but we loved Highway 50. Are the caves worth the detour???

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
tuga

Clarke,

Is that the same US 50 that is called "the loneliest highway in the world"? Boy we traveled that baby a few summers ago, it runs from I-15 in Holden, UT to Ely, NV and then onto Reno, NV. It crosses the salt flats of Utah and Nevada. It is appropriately named!

We came within inches of a head-on collision on that hiway. There is a straight stretch of highway about 30 miles across the salt flats; we are cruising along and I see an 18 wheeler approaching me. When we are about 150 yards apart a car comes out of nowhere and passes me up! I slammed on my brakes and the car darted in front of me barely missing the 18 wheeler! What a dummy! We were the only 3 vehicles on that road at that time and the dumba$$ decides to pass me with a truck coming straight at him.

Some people shouldn't have driver's licenses.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
chockwald

Hi Tuga....yes, it is called the "Loneliest Highway in America", and it is aptly named. We took 3 days to travel across Nevada on 50. We left Salt Lake City on a Wednesday afternoon and overnighted at an RV park in Baker, NV, then the next night in Austin, NV. We turned south off 50 to 395 and ended up in Bridgeport, CA Friday night. We really enjoyed our drive, and stopped in the small mining towns along the way to walk around and learn a little about their history. We probably saw 15 cars in 3 days....most going west to east (we were travelling east to west).
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 12-03-2008, 12:38 AM   #5
gstarkie@utah.gov

Default Lehman Caves

For years I've siad to my little sweetheart Hey lets go to check out Lehman Caves I'm certainly no cave nut or anything like that, and my experiance underground is limited to Timpanogas Cave in Utah near American Fork (its beautiful) Two years ago during Sturgis Week Lorraine, our son and his wife along with me visited Wind Caves in South Dakota near Mt. Rushmore they were OK, but Lehman Caves are spectacular absolutely beautiful with no hike at all literally you walk in right outside the visitor center door. I would highly reccomend a stop if your in the area. As for highway 50 we have traveled highway 50 through Kansas, Colorado, Utah, now to Ely, Nevada we have also been on 50 through western Nevada over Kit Carson pass and into California. But we have yet to travel 50 through central nevada Ely--Fallon. Some day maybe. I'm told that you canget a Highway 50 tour guide and its fun to check out all the things to see on the Lonliest highway in America. Be sure to see Lehman Caves its worth the effort, and time. C Ya Graham
gstarkie@utah.gov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #6
chockwald

Thanks for the info Graham. We'll definitely put Lehman Caves on our itinerary next time.

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles