steering gear - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
Lewis and Clark

Default steering gear

Hopefully one of you guys can help.

I have a 1996 Newell # 410 and the steering gear is leaking, to the point of covering the side of the coach as well as the toad underway.
It is leaking around the pitman arm as well as the opposing side seal. The hydraulic connections at the top are dry. It is a TRW TAS 85. I am unable to locate the last 3 numbers to be able to determine the part number. I know where it is suppose to be located, but the stamping is not there. I spoke with TRW directly, but to no avail. I also spoke with Newell but no help as well.

Does anyone know:

1. What do the last 3 numbers missing signify?
2. What type of facility do I can take the coach to be repaired? (located in Ft. Myers, Florida)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nando Garbarino

Lewis and Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #2
Wally Arntzen

You should be able to get it done at any bus repair shop in the area. I suspect that are several of them. Try Newell and see if they will recommend one. If no bus repair shops are in the vicinity you should be able to get it done at most any truck service shop, such as Kenworth, Ford, etc.

Wally
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote