my experience so far with my basement airs - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
encantotom

Default my experience so far with my basement airs

hi all,

till this inaugural trip i have basically only run the air cons sitting in the driveway or to go on a 20 mile trip and i would start them when it was 120 degrees plus inside the coach.

when russ and cynthia were at our house visiting, he so kindly rebuilt my two control boards and a spare that i have. put all new relays on them.

i can tell you darlene and i are sitting in oaktown indiana right now and it is 102 degrees on the way up to 106 here today and fairly high humidity.

last night we kept it about 71 degrees in the bedroom (yea it is nice to have a bedroom now) and right now darlene and i are lounging in the living area and my remote thermometer says it is 72.3 degrees in here with us. i know, we like it cold....

keeping them running rather then starting them up when it is blistering hot inside is hugely different.

russ, thanks for making my aircons works great!

i will say though that the thermostats are very strange. they are the original scs and they always display the setpoint temperature and never the actual. they also always start out in heat and you have to push the down button to get the aircons to turn on the first time. kinda strange

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
tuga

Tom,

I have the original SCS thermostats but mine default to the current temps inside the coach. When I move the switch up to COOL the thermostat defaults to 78 degrees. Then I press MODE and lower the setting to 70 or 72. When I move the switch down to HEAT the thermostat defaults to 68 degrees, which is where we like it. Wish we could set the COOL selection to default to 70 degrees.

The thermostats work great, but the only thing I don't like is that they take about 3 minutes to come on initially. I guess it is some sort of safety feature because they also take 3 minutes to shut down when we get too cold. You almost have to turn the switch to the OFF position on the thermostat.

Russ sent me pictures of how he re-wired his circuit boards and Francis re-did mine with the electrical connections Russ suggested. So far this summer everything is working great! Thanks Russ!

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
encantotom

hi tuga,

my thermostats are the original scs ones but they are different than what russ and you have. so they appear to operate differently as well.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #4
RussWhite

Tom's thermostats were different from mine. I played with one for a little while and only "succeeded" in changing the display from F to C. I am hoping someone with the ones he has will be able to chime in and offer directions on how to make them display the actual temperature after the setpoint has been entered. I just cannot believe that would not be possible, but I did not manage to stumble upon any way to do it.
Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote