monaco compared to a newell? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Maxwell55

Exclamation monaco compared to a newell?

hey yall im searching for a newell coach and this ad on craigslist come up Monaco 38Ft, Motorhome 330Hp Diesel, 2005, Quad Slides !
i looked at it and said that aint no newell! i wondered why it came up? then i looked at the ad and saw they listed it with newell and other motorhome brand names.

tampa supershow,rv supershow,florida rv supershow,rv show,orlandorv, orlando rvs,motorhomes orlando,orlando rv dealer, orlando rv dealers, volusia county fairgrounds rv show, central florida rv show 2102, Country Coach, Affinity, Magna,Intrigue,Inspire,Fleetwood,American Eagle,American Tradition, American Dream,American, central florida RV,lazydays,la Mesa, Lamesa,Sportscoach,crosscountry,newell,Heritage,Bo under,Allegiance,Providence,Excursion,Discovery,Ex pedition,Revolution,Damon,Tuscany,Astoria,Escaper, Heritage,Monaco,Signature,Camelot,Windsor,Knight,D iplomat,Cayman,Newmar,Essex,Mountainaire,Dutchstar ,Kountry Star,TravelSupreme,Select,Envoy,Entegra,Entegra Coach, Holiday Rambler,Navigator,Imperial,Endeavor,ambassador,Spo rtscoach,Cross country,encore,Entegra, cornerstone,insignia,anthem,Beaver,patriot,thunder ,solitaire,contessa, monterey,mountain aire, revolution le,Berkshire,Mandalay,Charleston,Pace Arrow,Southwind,Newell,vogue,Kountrystar,londonair e,london aire,Allante, Mountain Aire,Lexa,Safari,Serengeti,Panther,

are they really comparing a monaco to a newell coach? how is a motorhome like a monaco the same as a newell coach? i don't see the quality being the same? why would someone who is looking at newell coaches want a monaco anyway?

Maxwell55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
fulltiming

Monaco and Newell are not competitors!! There is so much difference in price, build quality, weight, etc that they are not easily compared. Monaco is a good motorhome in its price range. I guess if you were looking at a 6-10 year old Newell, a new or almost new Monaco might be in the same price range and therefore vie for those dollars.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
Neweller

what Michael said. Now, if you are thinking like some others who get Newell mixed up with Newmar, that would be another story. The brands of Monaco and Newmar are more comparable.....
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #4
speedingsport

Not even close to the same thing! I think they are just trying to get people who are looking for any of those RVs to see there coach. But if you know what you're looking at and the difference then you'll know they aren't the same quality motorhome.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #5
NewellCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltiming View Post
Monaco and Newell are not competitors!! There is so much difference in price, build quality, weight, etc that they are not easily compared. Monaco is a good motorhome in its price range. I guess if you were looking at a 6-10 year old Newell, a new or almost new Monaco might be in the same price range and therefore vie for those dollars.
Michael well said.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #6
Barthman

Now we know there is no kind of comparison. I would take a 10 yr old Newell over a brand new Monaco hands down and have enough left over to buy a second home. ha
Barthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
Chipper

That is a problem over at rv.net that some folks have misconceptions between Newell and Newmar as one in the same. That is what I had thought until I came here.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
folivier

I've had people mistakenly think I said Newmar when asked what brand I have. I just let them go their merry way. It seems a lot of people have a prejudice towards owners of Newells and Prevosts.
They just don't understand that I didn't pay $750,000 for mine, I paid less than 10%!!
I had a fellow with a nice and much newer Foretravel comment on how much he liked my Newell. I told him that his Foretravel was really nice also but he said "thanks, but it ain't a Newell". Didn't have the heart to tell him what I paid for mine cause I'm sure it was MUCH less than his!
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
1993Newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by folivier View Post
I've had people mistakenly think I said Newmar when asked what brand I have. I just let them go their merry way. It seems a lot of people have a prejudice towards owners of Newells and Prevosts.
They just don't understand that I didn't pay $750,000 for mine, I paid less than 10%!!
I had a fellow with a nice and much newer Foretravel comment on how much he liked my Newell. I told him that his Foretravel was really nice also but he said "thanks, but it ain't a Newell". Didn't have the heart to tell him what I paid for mine cause I'm sure it was MUCH less than his!
I think that's where the folks that "only buy new" come in. If people would be willing to buy a used Newell they would find they can get the quality and the name. I have met some pretty snooty folks over the years who would never buy used even if it could save them $$$.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
CAPTWatson

They don't consider a Monaco a luxury coach do they?
CAPTWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
Derek Knight

I have seen this done many times. I believe RV dealers could careless about how they are not the same. They just want to sell you a motorhome, any motorhome.
Derek Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 AM   #12
ccjohnson

I think the quality & workmanship in our 20 yr old Newell is in a lot of respects ahead of the curve compared to a lot of the brand new volume produced brands. And, would definitely not trade straight across.

XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote