The Newell Coach Squish Effect. Values? - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #21
Neweller

Jimmy, that is a little over a $10k a year in depreciation which is actually not all that bad. Imagine a new owner easily giving up over 100k a year for the same amount of time and use that you enjoyed. Divide that over 12 months and you own the coach whether or not its sits, rolls down the road or has a mortgage at only $800-$1000.00 a month. Not too shabby to claim that kind of luxury. Of course if it's paid for it is a whole lot better.

I have to believe Clint saying; to hell with loosing anymore equity buying another to take a beatin' on, it's cheaper to remodel it the way you like it.

We can also talk on the slide option in another thread if someone wants to. We can discuss some possible ways to achieve slides and the cost differences.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:52 AM   #22
jdaniel

And that's why we are going so slow. We still love our coach and its been long paid for

jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
77newell

Appreciating what you have is the secret to a happier life. Any time I begin to lust after a bigger coach I just remind myself that my parents had a terrific time camping out of a van with a platform bed in the back and no curtains. Then when I look at the relative luxury of my vintage 35 footer I am in awe of what I have in comparison.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #24
jdaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77newell View Post
Appreciating what you have is the secret to a happier life. Any time I begin to lust after a bigger coach I just remind myself that my parents had a terrific time camping out of a van with a platform bed in the back and no curtains. Then when I look at the relative luxury of my vintage 35 footer I am in awe of what I have in comparison.
Well said!
jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #25
JustDustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77newell View Post
I agree Jon.
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #26
Maxwell55

is it just me or what? i see a lot of older coaches out there and it seems to me some folks are asking too much. i guess that's why i haven't purchased a coach yet. yall know what i mean?
Maxwell55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #27
Yachts

Oh yeah... The asking market is ridiculous .. but some people being patient enough have gotten some fair deals.. someone just bought a 98 double slide for around120...
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #28
Jack Fouts

I'm not sure if any others have noticed, but is sure seems like some of the Newell Classic's are bringing darn near the same money as the eary 2000 series? I have spoken to a few owners that have sold theres. Does anyone feel a shift in the market lately?

When there is a need, lend a helping hand!
Jack Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #29
rellick

Doesn't seem to be many classics for sale right now
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #30
MrE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellick View Post
Doesn't seem to be many classics for sale right now
I heard that there's some guy up in Canada buying them all up.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #31
The Newell

I've noticed it goes one of two ways, either way over priced or priced right at or under market value. Those ones of course are gone quick and the rest well they're still for sale.

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #32
Neweller

You guys are right, the classics are kind of drying up for some reason. I'm wondering maybe if it could be the anti-squish effect. Most are owned free against any kind of leans and many folks are not willing to give them away and just decide to keep them. I know a couple of owners who keeping there classic's around even though they bought a newer coach.

There are those guys that decided to garage their muscle cars after replacing them once upon a time and now just take them out for a chill fest.

There are several advantages to owning them just like with bus conversions. Look at the cost of registration and insurance on a classic vs. a newer coach. It's huge in most states. The same goes for taxes and many repairs. In some states after a certain age you can get permanent plates on them for a small one-time fee.

So, imagine you owned one that was completely gone through, had updated equipment and so on....., ownership from the point on as long as you were satisfied with what you had, would be extremely reasonable, leaving a lot of change left to go travel in the off season.

Maybe we should have started a thread called the Anti-Squish Effect?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #33
larryweikart

Well, here's a 1979 for sale in Sebring Fl. that I stopped to ask about but the owner wasn't there to answer any questions. It is getting ready for a repaint but the interior looked pretty nice Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0242.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	3793Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0243.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	3794
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #34
speedingsport

Larry what were they wanting for that 79?
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #35
larryweikart

Unfortunately I was there just as the last person was leaving and he didn't know and I was on my way out of town. It is owned by the person who owns Ducks Body Shop In Sebring, Fl. The phone# is 863 385-8811.

1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote