Headlight Upgrade - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
afrench45

Default Headlight Upgrade

Here is a headlight upgrade I have never seen before. Pretty neat looking, they are using the headlights from a new Prevost H. The company that does it is Excalibur Coach. I have seen some of there work before and it looks like it was from the factory.
Excalibur Coach
Attached Images

afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
Randy J

Andrew those are pretty cool. I like the look of those headlights. Thanks for sharing.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
MrE

I ought to see what they're doing with the old headlight assemblies, some of those would look pretty good on a classic.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
speedingsport

Jon I think you're on to something.

Andrew what magazine was this in? I like the looks of the Prevost head lights on a Newell.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
MrE

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingsport View Post
Jon I think you're on to something.

Andrew what magazine was this in? I like the looks of the Prevost head lights on a Newell.
Andrew put the link to the website in his post, click on 'Excalibur Coach'
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
afrench45

It was a magazine that was advertising lots for sale at a resort in Michigan. Just had that one small picture.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
speedingsport

Thanks I saw the link. Was also just curious what magazine it happen to be in.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
Neweller

Now were talking! You hit a bulls-eye on this one. This is the gig that charges me up. I have done so much of this in the auto field over the years and would love to see some folks get brave and step out on the wild side a bit more with their coaches. We own custom luxury coaches and there are no rules as to what you can have on the inside or outside of your beloved coach. Some people are so damn conservative, they ought to just own a cracker box coach before they ever discourage someone from wanting to change things up on their old or new coach. Now, I'm not saying everyone go out and customize their Newell, Wanderlodge or bus conversions. Just never knock the person wanting to do it.

I'm thinking this sure looks like the '99 Newell Coach belonging to one of our earlier forum members named Mark. It's been a little while since I have had communication with him and wonder if he still owns it?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:17 AM   #9
Gone Busing

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrench45 View Post
Here is a headlight upgrade I have never seen before. Pretty neat looking, they are using the headlights from a new Prevost H. The company that does it is Excalibur Coach. I have seen some of there work before and it looks like it was from the factory.
Excalibur Coach

This looks downright gorgeous to both of us. How about some of the newer Newell Coach tailights? Opinions Ken???

Comparing Luxury Motor Coaches
Gone Busing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #10
afrench45

I think the headlight conversion would be extremely easy on a pre-2000 coach with the square headlights? Anybodys thoughts on that?
I havent seen any taillight conversions. I have seen small things like this 2004 that changed the style of taillights but still pretty similar to what is stock....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R59246b.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	3574  
Old 03-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
jWolfe

A great way to jazz up and upgrade a Newell Coach. I like the idea of some older coaches upgrading the taillights too.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #12
NEWELLWIZARD

Interesting upgrade, I agree it looks good... I wonder how much they are getting for an upgrade such as this?
NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
Nara Queen

What year is the Newell coach that they changed the headlights on? It looks fabulous and I am curious what years something like this can be upgraded too?
Nara Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
Neweller

Nara, you can upgrade any year of Newell to a lot of different styles. Some because of design will be easier than others. I have boxes of brand new BMW automotive composite headlights that were once used by the now defunct National RV in some of their different Class A motorhomes. They chose these BMW's headlights because of design, quality, and HID projectors. They of course designed and built the fiberglass nose sections to accommodate these headlights. Usually some modification and a little creativity is in order. The 2000 Series coaches will be a little easier since they have fiberglass front and rear sections and a little more flatter surface, but the Classics can be modded as well.

I have a few pictures somewhere and in the future I will try to post of some different ideas from show vehicles I had a hand in. I just have to transfer them off some old 3.5" discs to my computer so that I can share the info. I have a ton of this kind of stuff with before and afters and even some instructional material and I do realize it doesn't do any good to talk about it when I can show it.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
Nara Queen

Ken that is a great bit of information thank you for sharing, I had no idea. I'm a newbie but I do care about looks and upgrades just as much as any gal. I wouldn't be able to upgrade or change out headlights on a coach. If I ever wanted something like this done I would have to hire someone to do this. If you get pictures posted please let me know I would enjoy seeing them.
Nara Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #16
NewellCrazy

anyone know what that conversion costs?

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:14 AM   #17
Yachts

Does anyone know if you can buy the headlights fom a new newell? I think I could n modify the front to accept them.. Might be a good time to do it when I do a new paint job..

Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote