Dash air blower motor location? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #1
hotrodhornet

Default Dash air blower motor location?

I am trying to get the dash air on my 94 Working. When I turn the blower motor switch on the amp gauge shows a 40 amp draw and the blower does not run, wires at the back of the switch look fine.
I can see the air ducts going under the passenger seat. If it is under there I will probably have to pull up part of the hardwood floor to get to it. Thanks,Paul

hotrodhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
folivier

Look in the front basement compartment on passenger side. Your blower motor might be in the front of that compartment.

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
hotrodhornet

Thanks, I am going to try and look at it later today. Paul
Old 07-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #4
hotrodhornet

Looks like it's going to be a short in condenser fans,checked the blower motors and the compressor and they are fine.
Paul
Old 07-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
prairieschooner

Paul,
When it came time to look at our A/C I made the decision to not worry about the Dash A/C. When it did work it blew Cold Air at my Knees and they hurt when Cold. After looking at all of the Costs of converting to 134A it made more sense for us to simply run the Generator and the Roof A/C units. The coach stays cooler and the Gen gets Exercised.
Not saying that is for you, just what I decided
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #6
Neweller

Paul, are you saying you repaired the short and it's now working? I agree with Steve, but each his own.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #7
hotrodhornet

No, have not crawled under the coach and looked at it yet, . It gets pretty hot down here in s. Texas and the basement airs do not keep it as cool as I would like while driving. Hopefully it will not take to much to get it going. Thanks,Paul
Old 07-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
prairieschooner

Sorry, We have Roof Airs so my advice may not work for you.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #9
Neweller

Some of us continue to learn something new everyday. I wasn't even aware that the basement airs won't keep the coach cool running off the generator while rolling down the road. Basement air owners, why is that?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
NewellCrazy

Actually, that is the first I'd heard that basement airs don't cool well while driving. I know they don't on Newell's with slides but on non slide units that shouldn't be an issue. It might be time to take a peak at your AC units and have them serviced.

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
MrE

I don't have basement air but there certainly seems to be a lot of issues. Has anyone replaced the basement air with a Espar climate system? They run 12 or 24 volt so you wouldn't need the generator running, maybe a bigger alternator though.

Espar Heater Systems | Espar Climate Systems | Air Conditioners
[h=1]Air Conditioning for the Buses of Tomorrow[/h][h=3]POWERFUL, MODULAR PRODUCT RANGES:[/h]The modular nature of the components within the product ranges enables us to present a wide range of customer requirements in flexible products suitable for series production.ENERGY EFFICIENT AND ENVIRONMENTALLY AWARE:Our air conditioning systems for buses not only ensure maximum temperature comfort, but also make an active contribution to protecting resources and the environment. We achieve this through the use of intelligent, lightweight concepts and compact designs. Heat exchangers designed to automotive standards as well as highly efficient fan technology also increase efficiency while reducing the load on the fuel tank and battery.TREND-SETTING CLIMATE CONTROL SOLUTIONS:Our portfolio offers innovative product and system solutions for both present and future generations of buses and motorcoaches. We also have products suitable for buses with hybrid or electric drive concepts.OEM AND AFTERMARKET APPLICATION EXPERTISE:Thanks to our decades of experience, we not only supply the air conditioning system as an aftermarket component but we are also able to interpret and analyze the overall system during the concept phase. This makes us a sought-after OEM development partner for many bus manufacturers.Espar’s product family offers extremely adaptable heating, ventilation, and air conditioning solutions for city buses, intercity buses, motorcoaches, and school buses. These products are the result of continuous refinement and provide comfort, even in the most extreme climates. Thanks to its compact dimensions and lightweight construction, Espar’s air conditioning solutions can fit on any bus roof, regardless of model configuration. Even under pressure, they have proven their ability to provide the most advanced solutions worldwide.ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
  • Extremely compact modular design due to advanced MCHX (Micro Channel Heat Exchanger) technology
  • One standard footprint for all units and reduced refrigerant charge for a greener environment
  • Faster installation reduces time in bus production
  • Reduction in leakeage potential, thanks to semi-hermetic refrigerant circuit
  • Reduced life cycle cost and excellent serviceability
  • Brushless blower technology and a variety of other options available upon customer request
[h=3]Espar Climate Systems Air Conditioners[/h]Hover over images below to see a table data.Click on the name of the product to see full specs on a new page.[TABLE="width: 0"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]AC 136 G3 - View Detailed Page[/TD]
[TD]AC 353 G4 - View Detailed Page[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AC 353 G4 Narrow - View Detailed Page[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #12
hotrodhornet

I serviced the basement airs as soon as i got the coach and they work fine when parked, it seems to warm up inside by about 5 to 10 degrees when you are up to speed. Thanks Paul
Old 07-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #13
prairieschooner

Paul,
That seems understandable to me. They must be having problems getting fresh air when running. I'm sure that they were designed to run more when idle than on the road.
Good Luck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
GORDON HUMMEL

The attached post has all the info on installing a ducted front roof air.
I also posted an album with additional pictures

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...on-ducted.html

1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote