UPDATE on our Trip across the USA.....6,000 miles and counting!!! Pics on Facebook - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Coach Talk! > Life on the Road | Livin' in Luxury
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log in Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
Dave-n-Marjorie

Default UPDATE on our Trip across the USA.....6,000 miles and counting!!! Pics on Facebook

Hello everyone. Thought we would give you an update on our trip of a lifetime across the USA in our Newell. We have hundreds of pictures posted on facebook. To find them, click on this link: https://www.facebook.com/asuperdave or look us up David Lester in Hilton Head Island, SC or facebook screen name: asuperdave We are public so you dont have to be friends to see the pictures, but if you are a memeber of facebook, please feel free to friend request me and see all of our travels and pictures.

Leaving Hilton Head Island SC we had some service work done at the factory, then headed to the Black Hills SD, Yellowstone National Park, Glacier National Park, Coeur d'Aline, Vancouver, Washington coast 101, Oregon coast 101, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, and many places in between.

6,000 miles in the Newell and it has been FLAWLESS!!!!!! ZERO ISSUES, NONE, NADA, ZILTCH!!! Has not overheated once, has not used a drop of oil or coolent, about 7.8 mpg, every system and component works perfect, heat when we needed it, a/c in 100+ deg, bad roads, twisty roads, generator runs when engine is on, dry camped two days straight with gen, no issues. We also brought our 1,300lb golf cart on a lift and have a tow car behind that!!!! We do laundry and dishes twice a week in the Newell, wonderful to have two bathrooms, keep the fridge stocked, cook out 5 nights a week, and sightsee at every stop. We have also put 5,000 miles on our tow car on this trip sightseeing!!!!

We still have over 4,000 miles left on our trip, and will be returning to HHI before christmas, then off to Florida for the winter!!! We are currently in Reno/Sparks, and will go back to South Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoias, LA, Malibu, San Diego, Indio, Lake Havasu, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Antonio, and back to HHI.

As some of you know, we have completly updated our coach, and its so cool to get people asking about it and wanting to see the inside every campground we go to. All I can say is that this coach is 16 years old and performs like a new one. 79,000 miles and it is AMAZING!! We spent 6 months getting this coach ready, and lots and LOTS of money, $20K+ but its more than worth it. When we eventually get out of RVing, and settle down somewhere, someone will get a DEAL OF A LIFETIME when they buy this coach!!!! I did not hesitate buying a 16 year old Newell, and it turns out to be the best decision we have made.

Will keep you all updated and dont forget to see the pics and feel free to comment on Facebook too!!!

Dave and Marjorie

1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
ccjohnson

Dave, Drop us a note if you pass through Deming on I-10. Maybe we can get a bite to eat & take notes on coach make-overs if we are home.
D

XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:29 AM   #3
Yachts

Just asked to,be friended by you guys, marc newman
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #4
Neweller

Thanks for sharing Dave and Marjorie with us about your adventures while traveling in your fantastic Newell luxury liner!
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
Dave-n-Marjorie

Will do! Most likely passing through mid December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjohnson View Post
Dave, Drop us a note if you pass through Deming on I-10. Maybe we can get a bite to eat & take notes on coach make-overs if we are home.
D
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 09-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
Dave-n-Marjorie

Accepted friend request. Love your coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts View Post
Just asked to,be friended by you guys, marc newman
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 09-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
Dave-n-Marjorie

No problem Ken. Hard to believe we went from a 2004 quad slide 40' coach to a 1996 no slide Newell and feel like we have more room and are happier! Most people have no clue what a bargain these things are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
Thanks for sharing Dave and Marjorie with us about your adventures while traveling in your fantastic Newell luxury liner!
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 09-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
larryweikart

What a great trip so far! It appears as though both of you have a permanent smile tattooed on those nice faces. I've sent a friend request so I can follow the rest of your adventure. Thanks for posting and if you ever find yourself floating around the Mi. area don't hesitate to drop by, we have a 50amp hook-up and a great Island to visit ( a golf course in the middle.)
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #9
stewart33

"I did not hesitate buying a 16 year old Newell, and it turns out to be the best decision we have made."

Amen.

I don't have a facebook and can't seem to see the photos? Am I doing something wrong?
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #10
Dave-n-Marjorie

Thanks Larry. Accepted your request on facebook, and yes, we are smiling alot! Thanks for the invite to Mi, we have no idea where we are going next year. Thinking Alaska???
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryweikart View Post
What a great trip so far! It appears as though both of you have a permanent smile tattooed on those nice faces. I've sent a friend request so I can follow the rest of your adventure. Thanks for posting and if you ever find yourself floating around the Mi. area don't hesitate to drop by, we have a 50amp hook-up and a great Island to visit ( a golf course in the middle.)
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 09-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #11
Dave-n-Marjorie

I believe you have to at least be a member of facebook to see the pictures even though we are "public" for all to see. Thats the only place we have them since we literally have thousands of pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart33 View Post
"I did not hesitate buying a 16 year old Newell, and it turns out to be the best decision we have made."

Amen.

I don't have a facebook and can't seem to see the photos? Am I doing something wrong?
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 01-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
Dave-n-Marjorie

Default Another Update - 14,000 miles since June and all is well!

Well, we are now in month 8 and have put 14,000 miles on the Newell. Coach has been PERFECT in every way. We replaced a $4 aqua hot relay, and a $3 air valve fitting. THATS IT! How many people can say they drove 14,000 miles in 8 months full timing in their RV, or even 5th wheel or travel trailer, and have only spent $7.00 on repairs??? Every once in a while we get the itch to buy something with slides, or a fifth wheel, and then think about the unknowns, the shake down trips, water leaks in the slides, and all the baggage that goes with a used RV and the unknown costs associated with it. We are so lucky to have found this coach!!!

I personally believe that if you live in a coach, its actually in better shape than if something sits. We use the a/c or heat daily, dishwasher 2 times a week, washer/dryer 2 times a week, not to mention both bathrooms, shower, ect… Best of all, this coach is DRIVEN 500 miles on average a week, been in some of this hardest highest drives in the mountains, weather from 16 degrees to 105 degrees. Not once has the coach over heated, or missed a beat. We usually don’t stay anywhere longer than a week. We keep the coach 72 degrees at all times, when the engine is on, the generator is on, and have even dry camped a few days each month. We average 8.2 mpg and have used 3 quarts of oil and not a drop of coolant or aquahot coolant.

Since my last post first of September, we have been to South Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoias, LA, Malibu, San Diego, Indio, Lake Havasu, Las Vegas, San Antonio, New Orleans and lots of places in between. Now back to Hilton Head. We are leaving next week for Florida and will be spending 4 months there, at The Great Outdoors in Titusville, and Fort Myers Beach in April. We are having a blast, the golf cart comes in VERY handy, and our little fiat 500 has driven 10,000 miles on this trip, plus has been towed another 14,000!!! This will be our first test of sitting somewhere for two months at TGO. Usually after a week somewhere we are ready to move on, but I hear it’s a fun place to go and winter at.

In May we will head to Washington DC for a week then NYC for a week, the to Maine. We will head along Canada back out west for a year, then its ALASKA Summer 2015!!! All will be in our Newell if I can just keep Marjorie out of 5th wheels!!! LOL

Please find us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/asuperdave as we will continue to update with pictures from our travels.

Dave and Marjorie
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 01-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #13
Neweller

Dave-n-Marjorie, thanks for sharing the fantastic news. You folks have covered some great ground and enjoyment thus far in your wonderful Newell Coach. That is surely a gem of a coach you two have obtained, updated and our now enjoying. That is funny about Marjorie checking out the 5vers. LOL!!! I've been there and done that too. If Marjorie gets her way, you best be letting us know, so that any folks interested in a ultra fine specimen of a Newell can get a grab at her. For now, just keep it happening on the road!
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:45 AM   #14
Dave-n-Marjorie

Thanks Ken, I think it just a matter of time before she wins. We are going browsing for 5ers this weekend!!!
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 01-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #15
Erika

Dave and Marjorie it sounds like a fantastic time and you seem to be enjoying your coach and using it well. Thank you for coming on to share your travels and adventures. It puts a smile on my face reading your updates. Maybe you could post a photo or two here on the forums for people who don't have a FB to follow along.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #16
Dave-n-Marjorie

Hi Erica, I will try to post some pics of the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
Dave and Marjorie it sounds like a fantastic time and you seem to be enjoying your coach and using it well. Thank you for coming on to share your travels and adventures. It puts a smile on my face reading your updates. Maybe you could post a photo or two here on the forums for people who don't have a FB to follow along.

1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC