2009 Mid Entry #1274? For Sale S. CA - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
MarkofSJC

Smile 2009 Mid Entry #1274? For Sale S. CA

Hey, I came across this listing today. The dealer is really excellent ~ all coaches listed for sale are kept inside his huge warehouse in S. Cal right near the John Wayn Airport. I think it's coach #1274, guessing from the last 4 digits of the VIN

http://www.californiacoachcompany.co...ail.asp?id=265

MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:21 AM   #2
prairieschooner

Mark, is that Mark of San Juan Capistrano?
Since this coach is near John Wayne Airport and that is the "Gold Coast", this should be a nice coach.
PS allot of my customers live very nearby.

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
MarkofSJC

Yes, it's me!

I got to tour the coach yesterday, and it offers several unusually nice features.

Coach was primarily used for business, so rear bedroom has Murphy bed opposite jackknife couch. Small TV built into underside of Murphy (for over the road viewing) while very large TV build on lift opposite bed. Bedroom has very large windows throughout, even one directly behind Murphy bed. Sofa allows someone to sleep while driving, as bed can’t be lowered without slides extended.

Coach is apparently equipped with THREE dishes – two TV (one in motion, one fixed ~ at opposite ends of roof/great when trees obscure one), as well as a Moto-Datastorm internet sat.

There is more hanging space in this coach that I’ve EVER seen in any other coach. A very convenient “hall closet” is directly opposite the mid door entry (great when you left Las Vegas and arrive in chilly Tahoe), a large almost walk-in closet to the right of the Murphy, that also offers adjustable/removable shelves, and a “shirt & skirt” hanging space across the entire rear of the rear bath.

This was the largest DS front slide Newell had ever built, as owner wanted a big “entry way/foyer” at top of stairs, so the slide includes 1) large salon coach/Queen hide-a-bed, 2) galley and 3) large side-by-side refrigerator.

Cockpit offers slick Silverleaf glass dash, along with great gear selector. Instead of the typically Allison push button, this 12 speed ZF has an actual fat gear shift in the same place. Great for taking advantage of those 12 gears when needed!

Front salon is very spacious and all windows are full width for maximum viewing, while large TV built above front windshield. I believe at least one of the windows (CS dining?) also opens for ventilation, as does one of the bedroom windows (I think).

Nice touch over the mid entry door, as not only is there the expected screen, but owner had Newell install a separate exterior awning that spans between the two slides, but is under the two roof mounted awnings (there are also two awnings on the DS as well), so even in windy situation, the front entry can offer shelter from wind & rain as the slides “protect” it from wind when partially deployed.

Basement offers surprising amount of storage for mid-entry, and all 2.5 bays feature powered joeys. Owner just had the coach serviced at Newell within the last month or so, and while it was too dark to see exterior clearly, the coach looked immaculate.

There were only two things I found slightly surprising. There was no dishwasher and no garbage disposal. It looked like they may be able to be added on if desired. Apparently this coach may be an excellent buy, as it was a business tool, not someone’s emotional “homestead,” but it only has 26K.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #4
tuga

There is also what appears to be a good price on this coach, $895K for a 2009 model.

Newell's website has two 2009s for sale one for $1,125,000 and the other one for $1,099,000. Of course as we all know, these are trade-in prices. The cash price would be about 20% less; which would put us right at $900,000.

My favorite is coach 1299 - a 2010. That baby is beautiful - I love the paint job and the inside is light with neutral colors. Great floorplan - it has everything I need. The only thing that is missing is a Million dollars!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
MarkofSJC

Tuga,

Your correct! And the overall look and feel is very similar to #1278, except there are two couches up front, one smaller TV in the BR, and it's mid entry. Oh, this one has a large TV in the bay that #1278 doesn't offer.

But hey, for that kinda savings....LOL