Adding & Installing Hydronic floor heat is this a viable option? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
Gimpy

Default Adding & Installing Hydronic floor heat is this a viable option?

I’d like to get some input concerning Hydronic heat. I would like to put some piping in the floor of my bathroom and hallway and connect it to my AquaHot. Will copper work for this? Plastic? What kind of material would go under the tubing? What kind of material would go over the tubing? From the AquaHot to the beginning of the piping system will be about 5’. The tubing would need to cover approx. 23 sq.ft. Would the system need a pump? Is this a viable option? Any advice, comments, cautions welcome.

Franco Filipovic

2001 Newell Coach

Detroit Series 60 HP 500

Allison 6 Speed HD4060
[TABLE="width: 260, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Gimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
The Newell

Considering the size of space you want to heat you could just use a hydronic towel warmer and plumb to the Aquahot. You can not only use it to heat the bath but you can also have nice warm towels

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
Neweller

Gimpy, not sure if a hydronic system would pencil out for you being in such a small area? I have only brief knowledge regarding Aqua-Hots and all there uses. However

I am familiar with hydronics in the building trades. There are coaches and even a bus conversions heated by hydronic measures via a Aqua-Hot system so it is being

done. I don't know if Newell has ever done any hydronic systems working in conjunction with the Aqua-Hot or not. Newell Coach does commonly install electric

system, especially with most newer coaches being all electric. I would recommend going pex vs any copper in the floor portion. You will need a barrier underneath the

tubing to prevent heat escape to the basement which you may already have, you could channel the pex in the sub-floor and sheet aluminum over it or another

material and then install your surface flooring.

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
folivier

I think you would need a separate pump for the aquahot and thermostat.
Or you could use an electric system like the thermosoft or other brand. These install under laminate floors. They also have a type that installs under tile embedded in the grout.
I have the thermosoft pad under my cork flooring in my bathroom in my '93 and love it. Very easy to install.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Neweller

This is a link to one heck of a serious project installing a complete Hydronics floor and wall heat system utilizing a Aqua-Hot B unit into his bus conversion. I give the props for what he has accomplished.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote