How much profit should a dealer make on selling your Coach? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
skipgailwalters

Default How much profit should a dealer make on selling your Coach?

We tried to sell our coach ourselves. Now we are thinking long and hard about having a dealer sell it for us instead. BIG question here for us is, How much profit should a dealer make when selling our coach?

Thanks in advance!

skipgailwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Dave-n-Marjorie

I'll chime in since I am a Marketing Manager for a Large RV Dealer/Mfg. There are huge advantages of a dealer selling your coach. They can provide financing for the buyer, take the buyers trade in, show the coach 6 or 7 days a week, keep the coach clean and detailed, offer extended warrantys for buyer ect... Some dealers charge a 10-20% consignment fee. Remember, that if the deal gets close, the dealer will probably come down on their commission especially if the dealer is getting the financing. They might be getting a great trade where they can make more money than on your consignment. You can negotiate anything with them. Just remember, they want to move it. If its not priced agressive, they will not push it.

I have seen a brand new $400k coach sell for only a $4,000 dealer profit and Ive seen a 10 year old fleetwood double slide sell for a $20k dealer profit (none of those at where I work). Ive also seen consignments priced too high sit on a dealer lot for a year getting lot rot. As for me, I always sell myself. I price it for a quick sale. I know the wholesale values and most of all, I know the market. As we all know, Newells are not in the book, so that is a whole different conversation.

I hope this helps.

1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
folivier

So what are you selling?
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis