Shurflo Extreme Series 5.7 Water Pump Repairable Hot Motor Repairable? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
BMG Coach

Default Shurflo Extreme Series 5.7 Water Pump Repairable Hot Motor Repairable?

I have a problem with my water pump, maybe someone has some ideas. I noticed there was no water pressure when we stopped for the evening. Checked the water pump and found the pump motor was very hot, almost too hot to touch. It was also whining. The pump is a Shurflo Extreme Series 5.7. I turned off the pump at the switch, let it cool off and it worked fine, but heated up and turned off again after leaving it on for about 20 min. We used the pump for the rest of the weekend only turning it on when we needed water. Am I out of luck and just need a new pump? Is it repairable?

BMG Coach

BMG Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

I suspect it will be cheaper and easier to replace it than try to find the parts and service to replace it.

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #3
NewellCrazy

Replacing the pump with a new one complete with new pressure valve may be your best and cheapest solution

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
Newell Boss

If the pump isn't all that old, you should contact Shurflo.
Newell Boss is offline   Reply With Quote