Securing Car inside Enclosed Trailer - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Will Procter

Default Securing Car inside Enclosed Trailer

I am presently considering an enclosed trailer but have questions. How do you get out of the car if there is no side door in the trailer? Will the car door open enough to get out? Is the car secured in place with tire tie downs like a tow dolly? If you have tools and work bench in the front of the trailer what does your design look like?

Any pictures would be appreciated. Thanks, William

Detroit 60 Series 515 HP Engine

Some people call me the Space Cowboy
Will Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
NewellCrazy

There will be very little room inside the trailer to open a car door without the trailer having a door in the right position. Saw one guy that had a convertible so he could drive the car in with the top down so he could crawl out of the trailer. Most decent car hauler trailers will have some access door in the front so you can enter to tie down the car, otherwise it would be very difficult. Then again if your hauling a tiny car then a bit more room would be available to crawl in and around.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
Neweller

I agree with Sean. I have two enclosed trailers that can haul autos or bikes etc., Both have 48" access doors near the right hand front of the trailer making it relatively

easy to access the right side of the car for entrance and to tie it down. I use strap tie downs that go over the wheels/tires and then ratchet tight to "D" rings that are

bolted to the frame in front and behind the vehicle. Sometimes you may have to add additional "D" rings to the floor depending on the length of your vehicle.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote