Fabric Covers - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
express1

Default Fabric Covers

Has anyone ever used a fabric type cover for your Newell. Many companies now make sizes up to 48'. However most are for front entry ...Just wondering how this would work for heat and rain protection? $500-700. not so bad if they protect.

express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
NewellCrazy

Not bad if your talking breathable Tyvek material.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adco Class A Designer.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	3261

Heres a link:

Adco 32828 40'1" - 43' Designer Series RV Cover

Class A Designer series contour fit 3 layer RV cover. Great cover for regions with high moisture and extreme sun. Best cover for long term storage. Superior UV protection. Passenger side zipper entry panels allow access, regardless of door position. Features: Front and rear cinching, Straps & buckles, reinforced front corners. DESIGNER SERIES Class A Contour-Fit 3 Layer RV COVERS Now up to 40% more Tyvek RV Available Tan and Dark Brown on White 2 year warranty WHAT´S NEW ON THESE COVERS! Tyvek Roof Panels extend down sides to cover awnings. Side Panels Increase From One Layer to Three Layers. Side Panels Now Have Multi-color Designs. Vents have been added to reduce billowing. Strap and Buckles now include a weight for easy installation underneath the coach. Front and Rear cinching now uses straps and buckles.

RV Covers made of DuPont™ Tyvek®:

• Effectively block 99.8% of the sun's damaging UV rays that can fade interior and exterior surfaces

• Keep your recreational vehicle cooler during warm weather by reflection sunlight.

• Provide superior water resistance, while allowing moisture to escape.

• Resist acid rain, bird droppings, tree sap and other forms of environmental pollution to keep your RV clean.

• Holds out more than 98% of dirt and dust particles that can scratch and damage your RV's surface.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
77newell

I've used one of these on and off for several years. It does seem to keep the coach cleaner and it provides protection against the sun on the paint. There are a couple things to consider. First, any sharps on the top of the coach can rip through the cover unless you put padding over them. Second, if used in the winter and snow collects, if the snow is there when you decide to move the coach you have to remove the snow first which isn't easy. Finally, if parked on a non-paved surface moisture will rise from the ground and can become trapped temporarily unless the sides are kept above ground level, even then I worried (yup I can and do worry) that the moisture would get trapped under the cover due to minimal air circulation.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
NEWELLWIZARD

Thanks Jon for the great tips to consider when looking into a fabric cover.

Sean this breathable Tyvek material sounds like it might prevent moisture build up?
NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #5
77newell

Hey Mike: the I used is the Adco that Sean mentioned. While it didn't seem to trap moisture that I could see on the outside I suspect that the lowered air circulation in the coach left what felt like higher humidity inside when parked on gravel. I don't recall this being the case when I had it parked on concrete. Please take this as anecdotal as there are probably a lot of things that could change from one location to another, but still this is what I noticed.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote