tag axle ridewell suspension part number - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
encantotom

Default tag axle ridewell suspension part number

hi all,

for anyone with a similar vintage as mine (2002), i am trying to find out the ridewell suspension part number for the tag axle. it is located on a rectangular plate that is on the upright steel plate in between the two wheels on the drivers side. it is very obvious. mine has the plate for the drive axle, which is ridewell part number 2460003 and in calling ridewell this morning, they looked up the airbags and the bags they gave me match what i installed on it. the plate for the tag axle seems to have fallen off.

with it, i can get the right airbags without first taking one off.

below is the picture of the plate on mine and you can see where it looks like the other plate has fallen off.

barry has part numbers for airbags, but they are not associated by axle. he also said they had to modify the mount to use the ones that he had put on. (if i understood you right barry).

the plate is clearly visible if the rear is just raised a little using the leveling system.

thanks

tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-01-13 12.58.02.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1368  

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
encantotom

interesting addition to my qwest.

i talked to boyd at newell and he gave me the part number for the ridewell suspension for my tag. it is a ridewell 2840002 suspension with a dana axle.

so, great. i called ridewell and they looked it up and said it was discontinued. they didnt have any info on it. after some talking he said he would go search the records. he called me back and said that the note on the only drawings he had said that newell would supply the airsprings for it. so....back to boyd.

boyd looked it up and came up with the firestone and ridewell part number for the airspring.
The Ridewell part number is 1003589378C.

The Firestone part number is W013589378.

This is a Firestone 1T15L-2 bellows.

this matches what someone else thought they had gotten done on their coach at newell. so i am now thinking i have it solved.

so, i call all around. no one has any of these bags. you have to have them manufactured. takes 4-8 weeks. about 150 each.

they cross reference to a goodyear 1R11-202. and they also cross reference to a discontinued goodyear 1R11-080. Chuck at newell has the 1r11-080. pricey, but he has them.

in exchanging notes with barry, he had the same ridewell and firestone part numbers on the receipt he had done for work at newell not long ago. same vintage so i thought it was a go. he did say though that the mounts that he had on the coach had the bolts 90 degrees rotated on top from the bottom (north south and east west), but that newell had to adapt them because the bags he got were alignned top and bottom. that doesnt match the bags that i have the numbers for.

so i thought i would get under and actually look at mine. i was ready to order the bags and get them going. the ones that had the bolts rotated 90 degrees top and bottom.

but wait.....my coach has the bolts that are NOT rotated 90 degrees on the tag bag.

so i am back to square one.

i might just have to have one removed to see what bag it really is.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote