Air System Leak Problem Need Idea's - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
GringoPhil

Default Air System Leak Problem Need Idea's

Hi,

I am having trouble with my governor/air dryer. I noticed while going down the road the pressure gauge would occasionally read up to 150psi before the compressor unloaded. I replaced the governor and the compressor shuts off at 120psi but now I notice it takes a long time to build pressure, when the pressure is coming up and reaches about 100psi the purge valve begins to leak, at 120psi the compressor unloads and the leak at the purge valve continues until the pressure reaches about 100psi then stops when the compressor starts. This goes on while driving taking about 5 to 10 minutes to cycle. I replaced the purge valve with no change. I then reinstalled the old governor and adjusted it to unload at 120psi, I still have the leak at the purge valve but the leak stops (still about 100psi) before the governor starts the compressor so I do not have the cycling. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Phil