slide indicator lights - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
encantotom

Default slide indicator lights

hi all,

i have two slides. the slide locking pins (big ones on the slide) are not working right and i am trying to learn the system better.

the indicator panel i have posted the picture of below.

can someone who has a similar panel please explain when each of the led's whould be on or off?

thanks

tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9993.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	2066  

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
encantotom

i talked to mark at newell. this is what he said for the indicator lights

Floor up and Room Out are on when the slide is extended out.

Floor Down is on when the room is in and off when it is extended

IN (upper front and upper rear) is on when the room is in and OFF and when the room is extended

UNLOCK (the two leds are one for each of the slide pins). they are on whenever the pin is up

LOCK (same two pins as unlock) are on when the pins are down (engaged)

he said the 3a use light is on when the fuse is good (mine are not on, but the slides work so it must not be working right)

i was concerned that my slide pins are not engaging when the slide is extended. the two pins on the front slide are not going down when it is extended. the rear slide has one pin going down when extended.

mark said that most of the slides are setup to NOT have the pins engage when the slide is extended. even though there is a pin hole for them to go into. he said that i should just ignore the one that is going down.

i readjusted the two sensors that say the pins are alignned and siliconed them down like he said to prevent them from moving around.

my front slide the pins were not going down all the time when the slide was in so i hope adjusting them helps with that.

am learning all the time.

tom

Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
lbrachfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by encantotom View Post
hi all,

i have two slides. the slide locking pins (big ones on the slide) are not working right and i am trying to learn the system better.

the indicator panel i have posted the picture of below.

can someone who has a similar panel please explain when each of the led's whould be on or off?

thanks

tom
Can't believe how different a set up I have only a few months later in production. I have lights only inside clear boxes with fuses under them and ribbon wire for communications...So I guess my explanation must have been a bit confusing. Sorry. The error/fault lights I was talking about are in a different box and only marked with fuse size.
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
encantotom

ok, does anyone know what gap the sensors should be set at that are over the top of the magnets next to the locking pin on the top of the slides?

i still cannot get my slide locking pins to go down when in the in position on my front slide.

tom