Tech Talk Archives 16 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2011, 04:35 AM   #1
Neweller

Default Tech Talk Archives 16

Q
2017 4/13/2006 3:20:48 PM 4/13/2006 Rich Farr toptin@cox.net Height Control Valves Thanks Jon! I thought CR valves sounded like the right choice. Appreciate your experience and the validation.
Also glad to know Newell stocks those parts.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
Neweller

Default Trash ele

A
2018 4/13/2006 4:11:23 PM 4/13/2006 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Inverter/Charger The Newells equiped new with 5000 watt inverters were built with 24 volt alternators (all other Newells have 12 volt alternators), and battery equalizers to provide the 12 volt power required by the house system. Unless you are prepared to change the alternator to a 12 volt model, we recommend that any inverter or charger you purchase be 24 volt input. We also suggest that you consult with the technical staff at Newell or at one of the inverter/charger manufacturers in order to find components that are compatible with each other and with your coach with excessive costs. All of the inverter/chargers we are using today operate on 12 volts supplied by 400 amp alternators, with the latest system designed to deliver up to 8400 watts continuous power. While these systems theoretically could be retrofitted to older models, the engineering involved would be substantial, there could be some unanticipated surprises, and certainly the expense would be considerable.

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 07-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #3
Neweller

A
2022 4/16/2006 2:15:15 PM 4/16/2006 Dennis dmaas@jmtrans.net Are we ready for newell Am impressed with specs and floor plans. 30 years trucking and ready to retire. Currently have a 05 HR Endeavor 12k miles . 400 Cummins 2 slide. Very impressed with the new model with murphy bed etc... Can someone push me over the edge to upgrade to Newell?? 262 470 0093. Am I overly impressed or is Newell the answer? I need driver leg room like the Endeavor or Diplomat or Executive.. Or is driver comp like a Prevost with no consideration for driver being able to stretch out legs?

-Bob Marley
Old 07-19-2012, 02:57 AM   #4
Neweller

Q
2023 4/16/2006 3:37:57 PM 4/16/2006 dave metzler dmetzler@carlislecc.com folding chairs hi all...i am looking for some high quality, easy to store metal folding chairs...i seem ti remember seeing some great Newell chairs at one time.... in any event i could use a reference to a source please....thanks

-Bob Marley
Old 07-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #5
Neweller

Q
2025 4/17/2006 6:14:25 AM 4/19/2006 Eric Latham elatham@walkaboutamerica.com refrigerator Hello. Just purchased 1984 Newell Coach. Trying to figure out how to run the refrigerator/freezer combo. How do you light the pilot? Any help would be much appreciated.

-Bob Marley
Old 07-19-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
Neweller

Q
2026 4/17/2006 6:35:34 PM 4/19/2006 dave metzler dmetzler@carlislecc.com Are we ready for newell Hi Dennis...Newell is definately the answer...I am a trucker also and have just taken delivery of my third Newell coach....i had a HR Endeavor in 1996 and bought the first Newell in 1999....call me if you'd like to visit further ... but ... get started on your coach design right away so you can start loving it....by the way I am 6'4" and with only a modest adjustment of the firewall I have plenty of leg room.... best regards and good trucking....

-Bob Marley
Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #7
Neweller

Q
2026 4/17/2006 6:35:34 PM 4/19/2006 dave metzler dmetzler@carlislecc.com Are we ready for newell Hi Dennis...Newell is definately the answer...I am a trucker also and have just taken delivery of my third Newell coach....i had a HR Endeavor in 1996 and bought the first Newell in 1999....call me if you'd like to visit further ... but ... get started on your coach design right away so you can start loving it....by the way I am 6'4" and with only a modest adjustment of the firewall I have plenty of leg room.... best regards and good trucking....

-Bob Marley
Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #8
Neweller

A
2033 4/18/2006 9:20:47 PM 4/19/2006 jim albright jalbright@velocitus.net Are we ready for newell hello dennis we have an 05 newell with murphy bed ect. the newell was our 4th. new coach. we had an 03 monaco executive prior to the newell you are not overly impressed and newell is the answer. we have never been happier with anything than we are with our newell and all of the great people at newell. we have never had a bad coach but nothing comes close to the newell it is a total different and exciting experience. jim 208 843 7119

-Bob Marley
Old 08-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #9
Neweller

A
2034 4/18/2006 9:48:25 PM 4/19/2006 kelly kellyk@bellsouth.net 1994 Newell 2000 can someone tell me about the turning radius on a 94 45' I also need to pull a 20' cargo type trailer, is this going to be a problem with u turns etc.? I was told it would be
thanx

-Bob Marley
Old 08-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #10
Neweller

Q
2036 4/19/2006 4:14:02 AM 4/19/2006 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com refrigerator Refrigerators installed in Newells of the period were "three-way," that is they operated on a choice of 120-volt ac, 12-volt ac, or propane gas. Buttons located on the front control panel light the pilot. Periodic maintenance is important for reliable operation, and we suggest you visit a reputable RV service facility to have the refrigerator adjusted and repaired as necessary. The technician can brief you on how to light the pilot and proper operation.

-Bob Marley
Old 08-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
Neweller

A
2037 4/19/2006 6:55:36 AM 4/19/2006 larry larryweikartsr@aol.com 1994 Newell 2000 kelly, I've been pulling a 26' trailer behind my 45' 94 Newell for quite a few years ( you can see the unit on NewellClassic.com), and the answer to your question is, with any coach-trailer combination, you need to be aware of the area you are getting into. I've had no problems with my combination in 200,000 miles.

-Bob Marley
Old 08-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #12
Neweller

A
2038 4/19/2006 9:20:13 AM 4/21/2006 Bill Sims billsims@national-insurance.com right tires for #355 I am repalcing the tires on my 93 Newell. Bridgestone does not make the 293 any longer. The replacement for that tire is 280, model number 185298. It is a 11R24.5 load range H speed rating 75 mph. It is a 16-ply tire and
the local tire dealer was not aware that is was available.
He wanted me to put on 14-ply but after he checked he could get them shipped right away. These are steer tires and I am placing them on the steer and drive wheels. I am moving my old 293s to the tag. I am also having Centramatic balancers on the steer axle. The cost is around $175. The dealers will also buy your old tires. Price varies according to the condition and age,

-Bob Marley
Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #13
Neweller

A
2039 4/23/2006 3:51:09 PM 4/23/2006 Thomas St. Clair stctom@yahoo.com Television sizes What is the maximum dimension of TV's that can be mounted in the front overhead (builtin), the bedroom, and outside entertainment center? The largest I have seen is a 42 inch plasma in each of those 3 positions, but that doesn't provide dimensions since TV speaker locations differ. Are the front enterance coaches different for the front TV than mid enterance coaches? The max dimensions are LxWxD are 45x29x4.75 inches, for the front. This would be for a post 2000 year coach, with 2 bedroom slides (if relevant).

-Bob Marley
Old 08-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #14
Neweller

Q
2040 4/23/2006 7:10:30 PM 4/23/2006 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Television sizes There are a large number of different configurations, including a variety of cabinet sizes and opening dimensions, in each of these locations. The retrofit installation of a new television screen in any Newell requires the space available to be measured and a screen matched to the space available, or if a larger component is selected, a remodeling of the cabinet. hen we are attempting our own fixes.

-Bob Marley
Old 08-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
Neweller

A
2041 4/24/2006 7:34:30 PM 4/26/2006 Ed McLoud emclo@lvnworth.com 1994 Newell 8V92 Serial number is 354, I have three questions:
1. Is there an engine coolant filter and where is it (The owners manual refers to one)?
2. What is the cylindrical tank (about 3 1/2" X 12") mounted under the 8V92 crossways at the rear of the engine? (By rear I mean under the fan end.)
It has a drain plug on the left that protrudes thru the basket cage under the engine.
3. I have ordered a new sending unit from Newell for the fuel tank (meter showing maximum full). How far out does the fuel tank have to be to get the old sending unit out? Do the fuel lines have enough slack or should they be removed before attempting to slide the fuel tank out?
Any other issues on replacing the sending unit?
Thnaks for your help and we really enjoy our Newell. I appreciate your willingness to keep us down the right path w

-Bob Marley
Old 08-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #16
Neweller

Q
2045 4/27/2006 5:16:33 AM 4/27/2006 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com side awning If this is an original equipment awning, it is a Zip Dee. Parts can be ordered from Newell, 1-888-3NEWELL. Many RV dealers and service centers also have Zip Dee parts available.

-Bob Marley
Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #17
Neweller

A
2046 4/27/2006 10:59:04 AM 5/3/2006 John Benish Jr. jbenish@cookillinois.com 1991 Newell For Sale I am selling our 1991 Newell with rear entertainment center for $119,000.00 Great shape, perfect for entertaining. Looking to upgrade to 1997 or newer with Rear Entertainment.
Please contact me [editor: at the email address above], Pictures availible.

-Bob Marley
Old 08-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #18
Neweller

Q
2049 4/29/2006 1:09:17 PM 5/3/2006 Gary Carter gcarter@usinternet.com 1994 Newell 8V92 We have coach 318. Have not found a coolant filter. The tank under the engine is the slobber tank. Some DD 2 strokes will slobber a bit out of the breather tubes. You should drain this when you change oil.

-Bob Marley
Old 08-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #19
Neweller

A
2050 4/30/2006 7:41:29 AM 5/3/2006 Frank frank@aragonarproperties.com front end steering shimmy My 1994 coach with the proper H load range tires and 120 PSI inflation as developed a shimmy. The shimmey is felt by all passengers, and the steering wheel moves 5 to 10 degrees side to side. It usually happened within the first few miles at speeds between 55 and 65 MPH. It smooth out on its own after a mile or so or getting out of that speed range. I thought it was from flat spots in the tires from being parked for long periods of time. But recently it has been occurring even after several hundred miles. Tires and balancing are less than 6 years old. Any ideas on what to look for?

-Bob Marley
Old 08-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #20
Neweller

Q
2052 5/2/2006 9:48:56 AM 5/3/2006 John Benish Jr. jbenish@cookillinois.com 1991 Newell for sale Chassis: Detroit 8V92TA 475 BHP - Tag Axel - Jake Brakes - 277,000 miles. Belonged to ex-champion Indy car driver. Exterior Features: Entry way awning, numerous storage compartments, power mirrors, new rubber, backup camera, Kohler 12.5 diesel generator, exterior (75) pound powered air slide freezer. Interior Features: Central air conditioning (four 13.5/M units), Gagenau four burner stainless steel gas cook top, open galley w/full kitchen including microwave, full bath w/shower, in motion SAT, huge amount of closet/storage space. Rear of coach features large lounge area w/entertainment center. Lounge can be converted to a super wall to wall bed. All leather interior fully serviced and maintained.

-Bob Marley