AAA or Good Sam's Roadside Service? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
Derek Knight

Question AAA or Good Sam's Roadside Service?

I was reading online that you don't really need either of these if you have good RV insurance? Is this true? Can anyone tell me what their thoughts are on AAA? or Good Sam? Is it a good idea to have one of these and RV insurance?

Derek Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
The Newell

AAA is NOT a national company with equal service nationwide. It is a group of regional companies, operating under the umbrella name of AAA, each with their own rules and regulations. Some of the companies do NOT offer RV coverage, nor will they provide service for those from another region. In those regions, you must find your own ERS, pay up front out of pocket and then submit your paid receipt to your own AAA region for consideration. Not what I call the best type of service. My vote goes to either Good Sams or Coach Net both are national companies with RV service in 50 states, Canada and Mexico if my memory serves me correctly

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
rheavn

I have had AAA tow service for about 40 years. I have had my RV towed four times-once in NY, once in AZ, once in MO & once in OK. I've never paid any money up front and I've never been asked to submit receipts. Not sure Joe if you have or ever had AAA rv coverage, but your evaluation is not consistent with my experience. I also have Coach Net coverage, but have never used them.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
Neweller

Joe and Steve I believe you both have valid claims as I have had AAA's RV coverage for about 16 years, no where near 40. From what I have experienced AAA varies depending on which state you have your registered coverage with the company. Some states offer the plus coverage while others do not. Some states AAA will give you a monetary limit vs. a mileage distance limit on RV tows. I have relatives whom get twice the distance of towing as I do.

My AAA agent had stated to me, there are variations in coverage depending on a customers home base or region of original registration. Something to that affect, anyway.

I happen to like AAA even though some folks do not. I plan on changing my coverage region upon registration of my next Newell to gain additional benefits. One thing they never have given me a problem with, is where I wanted the RV towed.

I believe there are additional clarifications needed on this subject to verify any other parameters of AAA RV insurance coverage. We sure could benefit from other AAA members chiming in about their known state area or regional coverage of benefits to hopefully stir us straighter.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
rheavn

Ken,
There has never been a monetary limit on my tows. The RV Plus is they tow the first 100 miles. You pay for any thing above that. All of my tows have cost more than a $1,000 dollars. The other states have always granted me the same privileges that I have in my home state, no questions asked. Over the 40 years(used to not pay extra for rvs) I have changed states and my experience has always been the same. When I moved from CA to MO there was no change in benefits. I travel coast to coast every year so I want coast to coast coverage. I'm only relating first hand experience.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
The Newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheavn View Post
I have had AAA tow service for about 40 years. I have had my RV towed four times-once in NY, once in AZ, once in MO & once in OK. I've never paid any money up front and I've never been asked to submit receipts. Not sure Joe if you have or ever had AAA rv coverage, but your evaluation is not consistent with my experience. I also have Coach Net coverage, but have never used them.

I was a AAA member for years and used their rv plus 100 mile tow service twice. In the end both tows cost well over a grand because neither repair facility was within 100 miles from our brake down point. Can't say I actually saved anything using AAA since each tow company always tried to deal outside of triple A and extended better rate if I wanted to go around AAA. Now, When I ran out of fuel with our car Triple A was fast to respond, our newell break downs were another story

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
Neweller

Steve, I understand exactly what you are saying. I'm basically saying the same thing and that is the AAA benefits no matter where you break down (for the most part) cover you based off your AAA state/region of registration. I'm saying if you have coverage like I did while living in California and wanted a tow in California, vs another rver from say Pennsylvania you might be surprised by the benefit difference. Unless something has changed that is how it was last time I used a family members benefit instead of my own since theirs covered 200 miles instead of my 100 mile coverage.

Hopefully I'm making better sense what I am trying to say.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote