new granite floor pictures - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2008, 05:05 AM   #1
encantotom

Wink new granite floor pictures

hi all,

here are partial pictures of my new granite floor. it is not cleaned yet as i am letting it cure for a few days. the bathroom is the same pattern. it is jet black 3" edging and baseboard under the sink and the gray white black speckled on diagonal with 2" blue pearl granite inserts on the corners. the big black areas are where the dinette goes so it will have the same 3" border around the dinette once it is set in. i will post new pictures when it is clean and sealed. it will look alot nicer than, but thought you might be amused to see it mostly done. the dinettes were a green leather but are being reupholstered in a white faux leather now along with the opposing couches. btw, newell said to use the silicon grout matching caulk instead of grout. so all the grouting was done with the tube grout. i was going to do all this myself, but found a great granite guy who did it for a very reasonable price and after watching him spend 20 plus hours on it, it would have taken me 60 hours. so, basically the rest of my natural life....so it was a good thing to have him do it in two days. am putting a dark blue carpet up front and in the bedroom area. i also am putting black edge banding on the corian counters. i have done some and it looks great. it used to have greenish blue laminate edgebanding in the recessed area of the corian counter edge that i scrapped out for hours with a chisle and heat gun and then got custom cut and pre glued edging to go in its place. the bathroom picture shows the new heater in white and the new wallpaper my wife did. the counter also shows the new black edgebanding i just finished.

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
zcasa

Tom, where's the pictures? Sounds like nice work, and thanks for all the postings of the progress to date. You will have a wonderfully new and modern look with all the amenities when completed. Will you be in Anacortes to show us all your progress?

David and Denise

zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
encantotom

originally i was just going to do entertainment electronics upgrades and then replace the flooring. that has mushroomed significantly as i started lettting the engineer analytic in me take over and begin to recondition and renew almost everything. there is alot i have not put up that i have done. little things that take a bit of time. i will put a few more of them up for fun.

no i will not be there at the ralley. not my type of function. i am working hard to meet my deadline of being totally done with my work for this year by July 4th. that weekend, my wife, youngest daughter and her best friend will hop in for a 6 week trip to vancouver and down the west coast (which includes a week long cruise to alaska with my extended family)

then a month up at our cabin where i am remodeling it as well.

there are a number of things i want to do yet to the coach, but they will wait until next winter here in AZ when it is beautiful weather.

once i am mostly done with everything i am doing this year i will try to do a pictoral summary of what i have done. i have learned a ton and have had alot of fun. doing almost all the work myself has made the cost of refurbishing tolerable (only thing i paid to have done was floor and upholstery, but i found very reasonably priced places to have that all done). viirtually everything else has been done by me, my family and a few friends. the most unique thing in my remodel is doing a faux rubber texture on the walls.

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:43 AM   #4
Wally Arntzen

Does sound like nice work, I'm sure it looks fantastic compared to what you showed me last winter when I was over to look at it with you. I can't wait to see it this winter when I get back down there. I hope you get it finished enough to take the summer trip you had planned.

Have fun and enjoy your new/old coach, Wally
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:20 AM   #5
fulltiming

Wally, next time you are going to be in Arizona, let me know and maybe we can meet up. I would love to meet you.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Wally Arntzen

Hi Mike,

I would also like to meet you, won't be back until January thry April of next year but we all should get together an have a visit about these machines were trying to keep on the road.
Tom really impressess me with the project he's got going and just don't stop digging in for more inprovements.

Looking forward to seeing you in about 7 monthes.

Thanks much, Wally

Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote