Pocket sliding door - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Aragona

Default Pocket sliding door

My 1994 coach has a single sliding air powered pocket door. It was not operating from the open position, you have to tug on the latch hardware to get it moving and then it would close and it fully open too, but you always have to tug on the latch to get it to close. Is there so adjustment for the rollers or track? Everything seems so concealed.

Aragona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
larryweikart

I'm not sure but it feels like the inside edge of the door is held by velcro, although it is a double door, not single. Mine will open and close but not easily and not with low air pressure. Mine is a 94 also and I also live in Mi.

1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
77newell

Aragon: welcome aboard. My 93 has the double door and it opens and closes rather slowly, but without noticeable sticking. I've noticed the air lines are really small as are the cylinders to keep it from slicing you in half if you are in the way. I'm grateful to the factory for doing it that way but it wouldn't take much resistance and the door would stay stuck.

Seems we live about 15 miles apart - that's cool. It's nice to have another Newell close by
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote