Is a 45' coach limiting your travels? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > General Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
folivier

Default Is a 45' coach limiting your travels?

We're finally getting some good interest in our house since we dropped the price again
So we hope to be fulltiming later this year. One thing Cindy and I have been discussing is whether we want to move up to a newer coach with 2 slides or keep our '93.
I know in our travels we prefer state parks because of the more natural settings and often much larger sites. But feel that a 45' would be more limiting due to the increased length, less maneuverability, and more width needed for the slides. Some places we stayed this spring a 45' wouldn't fit easily. I know a lot of you guys don't seem to have a problem so I guess it just means re-thinking our plans somewhat.
So I'm asking those of you that have 45' with slides if you feel the length, etc. restricts you in campground choices?
Also not sure if all-electric is what we want or not?
We like the propane stove, but with the new induction cooktops that may be a non-issue.
How do the all-electric coaches do overnight on batteries? Any problems lasting all night with normal TV, lights, fans, etc. usage?
How long do you have to run the generator in the morning to recharge?
If we're just stopping over for the night and driving the next day shouldn't be a problem. But if we're boondocking for a week how many hours/day do you have to run genny for recharging?
We do plan to be in mild climates where air conditioning is not needed, and heat is only needed occasionally.
Do the microphor toilets use more water than the simple "bombs away" models? That might be an issue also for water usage.
Thanks in advance.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote