Removing side glass on '73 Newell - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
Bob Marlett

Arrow Removing side glass on '73 Newell

I'm trying to remove the side window frame (to replace the glass) on a 1973 rig. I've removed the screws and taken the interior aluminum frame out but am not sure how the frame that holds the glass comes out. It doesn't appear to have any other fasteners holding it. I've tried moderate pounding from the inside, in order to push it out, but it doesn't seem to move. I don't really want to keep pounding if there is something holding it in place that I can't see.

Does anyone have any knowledge on how the window frame comes out?

Bob Marlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
77newell

If the windows are the same as my 77 model the only thing holding the window in place is the sealant between the external window from and the exterior skin of the coach. When I pulled my windows a couple years ago I had to work a thin metal putty knife into the sealant and gently pry the window loose. I had to work on several areas around the window to gradually loosen it up. The sealant had gotten hard and sort of froze the window to the skin. Do not try to push or force the window from the inside at all that will do is bend the external skin. Patience will win out over old sealant.

jon Kabbe
1977 coach
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote