When did Newell Coach go to a one piece continuous roof ? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
pyledriver

Default When did Newell Coach go to a one piece continuous roof ?

I read somewhere on this website about Newell Coach using a continuous roof design. My short question is how long have they been doing this, what year did they start ?

pyledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Neweller

Pyledriver from my understanding they have always had a continuous one piece roof. I have owned a Newell dating back to 1976 and it had a one piece roof with the only seams at the front and rear caps. I would have to verify if the 1967 - 1973 were one piece or not. I should probably already know the answer to the question but don't. I'll find out, unless someone else chimes in.

Ken

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
pairodice

I noticed in a picture of the coach I am looking to buy that there were white streaks down the sidewall paint and front similar to what I have seen on rubber roofs. What is the roof on a 1974 Newell 40' made from? Did someone put rubber roof coating on it to make it streak like this? Is this standard practice to seal the roof?
pairodice is offline   Reply With Quote