Tinting Windshield on the Newell - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
Twins

Default Tinting Windshield on the Newell

We all deal with heat radiating through the windshield while driving. I wonder if tinting the windshield further down would alleviate some of the heat radiating through the windshield. Open for suggestions on resolving this problem.

Twins

Old 09-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
express1

night? Just joking, using the shades don't help once the heat in in. Increase a/c is the only way to fight the heat. However we do travel north in summer and south in winters...

express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
tuga

I'm not sure what the law is on tinting windshields, but I would think it is prohibited. I know that some allow only 5% tinting on front seat side windows.

I have found that using a fan to blow air directly along the windshield helps a lot. It moves the warm air away from the windshield and around so that it can be cooled by the AC.

Maybe that will work for you!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
The Newell

I'm sure we have all thought of it but I wonder what the regulations are from State to State on the degree of shading that is allowed? My truck and my car both come with windshield tint but it is very, very light, as are the front windows. The back windows are tinted to a much darker shade so regulations must be tight!

Research before tinting!

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote