Tech Talk Archives 10 - Page 5 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #81
Neweller

A
1321 6/8/2004 6:35:47 AM 6/10/2004 Ted Johnson ted@denverwebworks.com King to twin bed rig Can anyone send drawings, pics, or a good description of how the twin beds are set up to slide together? My 76 doesn't have that feature--would like to add it.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #82
Neweller

Q
1322 6/9/2004 4:05:02 PM 6/10/2004 William Griffith guzzi@bayou.com 1974 Newell We have a 78 Newell that "had" a 555 Cummins (214hp WHEN NEW). We felt that the 555 was sluggish on take off and terribly under powered. While it will eventually get up the hills, it will take a while and after everything else passes you. When we had problems (blown engine) we found that the 555 is an old out-dated engine, few machanics know how to work on it, parts are not readily available and to rebuild the top end would be over $13K. The coach is otherwise in excellent condition, with everthing in good working order and we got it at a great price so we opted to upgrade to a 6V92 (350hp) Detroit diesel. Of course, in doing this, we had to change the transmission and rear end (that had to be custom built because the rear end company was out of business). We will end up paying more for the change over than the rebuild but hopefully the increase in horsepower will be worth it. If you have any other questions that I can help you with, please let me know. William

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 12-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #83
Neweller

A
1323 6/9/2004 4:34:13 PM 6/10/2004 Ken White LuxuryCoachLifestyle@aol.com 77 Coach Heater Boost Pump Hi Jon, I would really like to see some pics of the installed product. I have a 1978 with a 6V92TA. A
1325 6/10/2004 7:02:12 PM 6/20/2004 Dean Stoops 67gto@myvine.com 1974 Newell William,
I'd be interested to know more about your re-power experience. Did you consider any other engines? ( Cummins B series?).
Thanks,
Dean

-Bob Marley
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #84
Neweller

A
1326 6/10/2004 7:22:38 PM 6/20/2004 Brion Johnston nmbjohnston@aol.com Sharing Info with classic owners! Ted - I put a Steer Safe stabilizer on my 1979 coach about a year ago. We get lots of strong wind in SE New Mexico and have some rough two-lane highways. I have noticed a big difference since first installing it. They have one that is designed for older Newells.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #85
Neweller

A
1327 6/11/2004 11:26:35 AM 6/20/2004 Jon Kabbe jckabbe@earthlink.net Sharing Info with classic owners! My 77 coach has Koni's on the front that were set to the lowest setting and I had the same bounce you mentioned. After I launched my wife a couple times I decided a change was needed. I adjusted the shocks to the number 3 setting and a noticeable reduction in bounce occurred. I'm thinking of trying the number 5 setting just to see what happens. The shocks can be adjusted by loosening the top end and following the Koni instructions. I too am working with a wander problem. My toe-in is currently set at zero and we'll begin working some toe-in in when the shop gets their alignment equipment working. They will also verify the caster as they said that can be a problem as well. My coach has some spring style centering gizmo that didn't make any difference when I removed it. I've left it on just for the heck of it.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #86
Neweller

A
1328 6/11/2004 11:32:34 AM 6/20/2004 Jon Kabbe jckabbe@earthlink.net King to twin bed rig Hey Newell Board: I've gotten a few requests for pictures of changes made to my coach. Is there some way to post those here somehow rather than sending them direct. As long as there is some disclaimer that you aren't approving the changes I think it would be helpful to see what people are doing. Or maybe we/you set up a Yahoo group for Newell owners as several other owners groups have done. Personally I'd prefer to share here but I recognise there may be valid reasons to keep separation. Just a thought.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #87
Neweller

A
1329 6/11/2004 11:38:52 AM 6/20/2004 JAMES BRASELTON MavBraselton@adelphia.net HYBRIDES AND HYDROGEN OR GREEN FUEL RVS HI THER NEWELL COACH WOUNDER IF ANY HYBRIDE OR FUEL CELL HYDROGEN RVS IN THE FUTURE TO HELP WITH EFIENCY LIKE THE HONDA CIVIC OR PRIUS SO INSTEAD OF 10 MILES PER GALLON YOU MAY GET 14 MILES PER GALLON OR HIGHER DO ANY ONE THINK THAT HYBRIDES OR HYDROGEN IS ONLY FOR CARS TRUCK OR SUVS WITH BUSH FREEDOM CAR ACT I THINK IT WELL GO TO 18 WHELLERS RVS BOATS SHIPS AIRPLAINES I DO KNOW THATS A LONG WAY OFF IN THE FUTURE OF RVS OR MOTOR HOMES BUT ONE DAY RENEWABLE BIO FUELS LIKE BIO DISSEL OR HYDROGEN IN THE FUTURE BESIDES THAT EVERY WEB SITE SAY OUT OF FOSSILE FULES IN ABOUT 40 TO 150 YEARS EVEN IF WE TRIED TO RASE EPA MILAGE ON EVERY THING WE WOULD ONLY SQEEZE OUT UNTIL 2350 THEN THE GLOBAL FOSSILE FUELS BE DRYED UP AROUND THE WORLD BECAUSE FOSSIFULES ARE NOT RENEWABLE WHEN THE WORLD RUNS ITS OUT PERMENTLY GOOD THING HYDROGEN FULLING STATIONS ARE GOING UP AND HYDROGEN CAN BE MADE FROM ANY AND ALL SORCES UNLIKE FOSILE FULES AND BIO FULES CAN BE MADE FROM ANY SORCE TOO I AM COURIOUS IF IT WOULD WORK ON A BIGER SCALE LIKE GM HAS 300 DISSEL ELTRIC BUSES IN SEATEL THAT ALRADY SAVING A MILLION GALLONS OF FUEL PER YEAR SO WHAT THE GREEN TECHNOLGY SHOULD NOT JUST STAY IN THE MOST POPULAR VEHICAL LIKE SUVS OR CARS BESIDS THE HYDROGEN CAN BE MADE FROM SUN LIGHT AND WATTER OR WATTER WITH WIND ELTRICTY OR WATTER FROM WATTER POWER PLANTES AT LEST A MINUM OF 40 YEARS BEFORE THE GLBAL PROVEN RESERVES RUN OUT ON FOSSFULES BUT SOME SAY WE HAVE LOTS MORE FOSSIFULES TO GO SO HOW MUCH OF FOSSILE FULES OF UNPROVEN RESERVS AFFTER THE PROVEN SUPLY RUNS DRY BUT NO ON SAYS FOSSILE FULES OF PRTOLUM WILL NEVER LAST FOREVER AT LEAT LIKE Y-2-K COMPUTER PROBLEM WE KMOW IT WILL ADVENTLY COME BUT HOW SERIOUS WILL IT BE AT LEAST WE ARE NO NEAR PANIC TIME YET LIKE Y-2-K WHEN EVERY COMPUTER SUPOSED TO SHUT DOWN ALL OVER THE WORLD I BET ANY THING HYBRIDS BIO FUELS AND HYDROGEN WILL BE AS CHEAP OR CHEAPER THEN THE COMBUSTION ENGINGE BUY THE TIME THE FOSSILE FULE RUNS DRY ARUND THE WORLD MAY PEAK $3.00 PER GALLON OR $7.00 OR EVEN $12.50 PER GALLON ON SOME WEB SITES SAY THAT BE ABOUT THE FEW DROPS OF FOSSI FULES REMAIN SO WE HAVE TIME TO PLAN THE FUTURE WAY AHEAD SO WE DO NOT RUN INTO A BIG PROBLEM IF NOT NO BIGGY THAT IS ABOUT 40 YEARS BUY MOST ENERGY COSOMPUTION REPORTS PROBLY 2010 OR 2020 IS ABOUT REASONABLE AMOUT TO TIME BEFORE IT IS PRATICAL TO HAVE THAT TECHONLGY OR LITTEL SONER HYBRIDES WOULD BE PRATICAL BUY THAT TIME FROM 2010 TO 2020 BECUASE MORE HYDROGEN FULLING STATIONS OR MODIFY GAS STATIONS TO HAVE HYDROGEN PUMPS BETWEEN 2020 TO 2050 THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH HYDROGEN FULLING STATIONS AROUND THE COUNTRY AND AROUND THE WORLD ARNOLD WANTS CALLIFORNA TO GET IT ACT IN GEAR PERPOSING 200 HYDROGEN FULLING STATIONS IN CALIFORNIA BUY 2010 BESIDES OF THE 40 THAT ARE THERE FROM PREVIOUS STUFF BUT IT ALSO GOSE ALL ACROSS THE STATE JUST NOT IN A LOCALIZED PLACE TO MAKE SURE WHEN HYDROGEN VEHICALS BECOME PRACTICAL THEY DO NOT RUN OUT OF HYDROGEN AND HAVE TO CALL NASA FOR HYDROGEN IT CAN USE MEATHANE FULE TO LIQIUD OR GAS FORM HYDROGEN THE CHRISTLER MINIVAN PROTYPE ON SOME HYDROEN SHOWS IT USEING THE SAME STUFF YOU WASH DISHES WITH AND ONLY TAIL PIPE STUFF IS PURE WATTER NO SMOG EMISSIONS AT ALL THATS WHY THEY WANT TO GET AS MANY THING BUILT UP SO IT WILL GIVE COMUSTION ENGING A RUN FOR ITS MONEY BESIDE LOTS OF SCIENTIST THINK WITH 1.3 BILLION VEHICALS ON THE ROAD THAT WE WOULD CHOKE PLANET EARTH IF ANOTHER 500 MILLION COMBUSTION ENGINE GETS LOSE AT 2 BILLION WITH A POPULATION GOING TO 9 BILLION OR HIGHER BESIDES THAT GLOBAL WARMING AND HEALTH PROBLEMS OH BUY THE WAY DID ANY ON WATCH THE DAY AFFTER TOMAROW MOVIE ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING I HAVENT BUT I HERD THAT IS GOOD AND THE PREVEWS LOOK GREAT BUT WITH THE ANTI CAR ANTI SUV I CAN NOT GO SEE IT UN LESS I HAVE A RV OR HILLICOPTER OR WALK 15 MILES TO THE MALL OF GORGIA AT LEAST YOU GET TO CAMP OUT TO REDUCE POLUTION AND SAVE ON FOSSI FUELS MAY BE THATS WHY THE GREENIES HAVE NOT THEY THINK YOU USE BATTERY POWER WHEN CAMPING OUT AND RVS HAVE SOLAR VENTALTION WICH SAVES ENERGY REDUCES POWER CONSUMPTION AND USES UP SUN POWER TO REVERSE GLOBAL WARMING A HYBRID EATHER LIGHT MILD OR HEAVY OR FULL HYBRIDE GIVES YOU FROM 1 PERCNT TO DOUBLE YOU FUEL ECONMY DEPENDS ON HOW DRIVE AND WICH VERSION OF THE HYBRIDE YOU CHOSE THE MILD GET 10 PERCENT FUEL SVAINGS OR BETTER MILES PER GALLON A FULL VERSION LKE HONDA OR TOYOTAS PRIUS IS 50 PERCENT TO DOUBLE MILES PER GALLON OVER JUST COMUSTION ALONE HYBRIDS ARE GAS OR DISSEL WITHA ELTIRC ENGING FOR SLOW SPEEDS THE COMBUSTION ENGING SHUTS OFF WHEN YOU STOP LIKE AT RED LIGHT OR TRYING TO PARK THEN WHEN YOU NEED ESTRA POWER THE ELTRIC ASSEST ENGING HELPS THE COMBUSTION ENGING SO GOT THE DISSEL WITH THE ELTRIC TO GIVE ESTRA BOOST WHEN NEEDED LIKE A ELTRIC TURBO CHARGER BESIDES I HOPE BUSH WILL UP THE ANTI WITH 4 BILLION DOLLAR HYDROGEN INFERTRUTURE FOR 4 YEARS TO RELY SPEED THINGS UP ON THE HYDORGEN MY LITTEL TOWN BRASELTON GORGIA AT EXIT 129 ALREADY GOT A MACDOALDS SHELL STATION THAT CARRIES HYDROGEN WE USALY IN GORGIA GET A BIG PIPLINE FOR ALL FUEL GAS DISSELL NETRAL GAS PROPANE IN FACT I THINK WE USE THE HYDROGEN FULL PIPE THAT CONECTS TO CAPE CANAVERAL ROCKET FUEL OR AT LEAST I THINK THAT WHAT I READ IN THE LOCAL NEWS PAPER CHEAP DO NOT BURDEN WITH TAXES AND BESIDES THAT THE GAS DISSEL GETS A PIPE LINE IN TEXAS AT THERE REFINERY AND NATRAL GAS AND PROPANE BESIDS THAT I THINK AT THERE NASA SITE SAYS IT COULD PRODUCE 255,000 PER MINUTE OR 4,200 PER SECOND OR 15,300,000 PER HOUR SO FAR AT MALL OF GORGIA GORGIA TECH IS TRYING OUT 2 HYDROGEN HUMMERS THEY DUMP WATTER OUT OF THERE PIPES CREATED THUNDER STORM IN ABOUT 3 HOURS LATTER THAT THEY HAD OUT ON EXPERMENT DAY WE HAD TO GO SHOPPING AND GOT A GLIMPS OF THE WATTER PORING INTO THE ATMOSPHERE THEY WERE DOMPING GALLONS PER HOUR IN THE SKY JUST REMBER TAKE THE UMRALLA WITH YOU

-Bob Marley
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #88
Neweller

Q
1330 6/12/2004 7:57:53 AM 6/20/2004 Barrett J. Wolf bear@bearpaws.com Brake Light Switch I have been getting my '72, 31' Ford 391, ready for this summer and I am just about set, but I noticed that the brake lights don't work - I've replaced the tail lights with new school-bus dual filament units.
Two questions:
1) If I ground the left-hand tail light, both sides light up. Is that just because they are wired together? Seemed kinda odd.
2) Where in the heck is the brake light switch??? Nothing under the dash and nothing visible through the cutout for the brake master cylinder.

Any ideas? - Thanks!!

-Bob Marley