Gas Detector no problem until recently - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Cheri Smith

Question Gas Detector no problem until recently

It has three colored lights, green, amber (fault) and red (alarm).

About a week ago, and again last night right after the furnace came on, it started beeping. One beep every 2 or 3 minutes, and the amber light came on. Amber is "fault," not "gas." I went over, after being annoyed for a few minutes, and pressed the "Test" button. The green light came back on and the beeping stopped. Nothing serious, yet.

So, is this alarm trying to tell me something? If so, what is it trying to tell me? Is it going to shut my gas off in the middle of a cold night?

By the way, there is only one button that I can see, to do anything with. That is the "TEST" button. Why does that button turn the fault alarm off?

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Newellin Thunder

Cheri that pattern of beeps indicates "Internal Error" and the most common Internal Error, and this is supported by the "Just after the furnace came on" is "Low Battery Voltage"

Clean all battery connections, Charge the battery, Press and hold the TEST/RESET button till it alarms,,, And see if that fixes it.

2005 Newell Thunder
Shakin the open road!
Newellin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
NewellCrazy

Average life expectancy of an LP Detector is 5 years. Get a new one and let us know if the problem goes away.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote