1991 Repo - no reserve - Page 3 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #41
speedingsport

If they are shill bidding I hope they get stuck with it. Let's see if they relist it in a couple of weeks like Forest said. It's plain wrong seeing used RV dealers on ebay trying to pull a fast ones, screwing people over and getting away with it. I hope ebay investigates this seller they will see on their end what you guys haven't already found. For looking out guys and Boo! to untrustworthy sellers!

speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #42
ccjohnson

At any rate, I bet John & Patti (cdat) are thrilled with their purchase even more after watching this one!

XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 AM   #43
speedingsport

True!
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:06 AM   #44
Neweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjohnson View Post
At any rate, I bet John & Patti (cdat) are thrilled with their purchase even more after watching this one!
I would have to believe that is true. The crazy thing is that the credit union had an ebay account but for some reason didn't want to put that coach on there. It would have surely brought close to 40k or more. In fact when I talked to them back in December I was thinking of buying it and just doing that. But of course I wanted it for another $10k less. lol. And they would have took close to that to get it off the books before year end. They told us that there were only two people interested and both of them were me and a family member. A new year turns a new tide and hey John and Patti still ended up with a dream of a deal, much cleaner than this one going off right now. By the way Clint how's your baby coming along, is it done down at Newell? Waiting to see those glorious pictures of the factory finishing touches.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:26 AM   #45
ccjohnson

Should be done by 28th. We are heading up Tuesday. Looks like I'd have to turn my hat in on this one! Congrats to Mr E. i think!
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:31 AM   #46
Neweller

Yeah, it looks to be that way. I could spank it and get it up a couple bucks more to my guess and save or would I. NOT! The high bidder appears to be real and he will save a couple grand from what they were asking unless they back out and don't buy it.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 03-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #47
MrE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
Yeah, it looks to be that way. I could spank it and get it up a couple bucks more to my guess and save or would I. NOT! The high bidder appears to be real and he will save a couple grand from what they were asking unless they back out and don't buy it.
Hopefully the new owner finds this website. Based on JetHot's post they're going to need our help.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:15 AM   #48
jdaniel

New owner may wish he had looked at mine?
jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:42 AM   #49
NewellCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
New owner may wish he had looked at mine?
I agree 100%. Your coach would have been a steal of a deal considering the kind of money which needs to be invested in that 1991 that sold tonight on ebay. Jimmy will you be relisting your coach on ebay?

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #50
jdaniel

I may be soon. We kinda took a break for a while. It's in the shop now being serviced and having everything checked from front to rear. I will be pulling my trailer to Indy for the Mecum auction. I have a rotisserie restored 1969 Judge that I have listed with them for their auction. Ill pull it up with the Newell and stay in it all week.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #51
jdaniel

I still have a hard time believing those bids. Mine only brought in the 30s on two different occasions. Mine is really a nice coach. If it just had ONE slide I would be happy.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #52
rellick

Jimmy, I am surprised no one has stepped up to the plate for your coach, sounds like a well cared for turn key Newell!!
69 Judge? ram air III or IV?
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #53
GORDON HUMMEL

Ken,
WOW, quite an experience you had, to say the least. I will be the first to admit that I had some other problems with my Newell, but I felt if I had spent a day at Mr Olivers, they would have probably been fixed, My BAD.
My first motorhome was a new 1978 Titan. As with any large purchase I was way too excited. After I drove it home I made a list of the defects. It went back to the dealership for 2 months for them to attempt the correct the mfg issues. I eventually purchased a welder just to keep up cracks. On the upside, I sold it after 5 years for what I paid for it.
I toured the Newell factory in 1980, but thats another story.
Many years & motorhomes later, in 2003ish, I purchased a 1989 Eagle bus, on Ebay. The bus was in East Tenn, just off 40, about 750 miles from Tulsa. My son was visiting fm CA with his 2 years old son, so this would be his forst road trip.
To make a long story short, I'm heading west on 40, about 10 miles into the trip. I see my son pulling up next to me with his wipers on & my white Pontiac mostly BLACK. I pulled over at my first chance & discovered that a hyd hose going to the rad fan had ruptured. Shortly thereafter a Tenn Highway Patrol pulls up & ask what happened. I gave him by tale & asked if he had any suggestions. He said he could not recommend any specific garages, but he did had me a 6" thick yellow pages with "Peggy Sue's Towing & Used Tires shop" plainly marked. Not feeling I had any choice, I called them. They arrived with the proper wrecker & actually knew what they were doing.
After hooking up to my bus, I followed them west on 40 to the next exit. They got off & proceeded south through the woods on the twisty & turny road. It reminded me of "Deliverence"
3 months later & $1K they had my bus serviced & all ready to travel. I later went back with my brother, & drove it all the way back to Tulsa in the snow, no heater, in one day. It was amazing that the right wiper perfectly cleaned the snow off the windshied onto the mirror.
The turn indicators were on the floor. There were 3 switches like a high beam switch, in a triangle with the high beam switch being at the top. My brother who was following me , keept calling on the walki talki, asking why I was signalling right & going left.
More to follow..................
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #54
Will Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
I may be soon. We kinda took a break for a while. It's in the shop now being serviced and having everything checked from front to rear. I will be pulling my trailer to Indy for the Mecum auction. I have a rotisserie restored 1969 Judge that I have listed with them for their auction. Ill pull it up with the Newell and stay in it all week.
Could you be so kind to share with us some pictures of your 1969 Judge.

Will

Detroit 60 Series 515 HP Engine

Some people call me the Space Cowboy
Will Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #55
jdaniel

Mine is a Ram Air III with an automatic. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #56
jdaniel

pics I hope
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blue judge 001 (640x427).jpg
Views:	118
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	3680  
Old 03-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #57
jdaniel

more pics I hope
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blue judge 002 (640x427).jpg
Views:	119
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	3681  
Old 03-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #58
NewellCrazy

Jimmy,

If you don't mind me asking what are your estimates that the 69 GTO Judge will fetch on the auction block?

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #59
Neweller

What a sweet machine! Looks like a pretty nice crib in the background. It's kind of crazy how this thread has spun out. Is this MrE's prize for getting the closes on the '91 Newell? What do you think Jon? Kind of matches the graphics on your Newell.

-Bob Marley
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #60
jdaniel

The many long years rotisserie frame off restoration set me back around 70k. I started in 06 when they were bringing crazy money....I finished in 2012 when they were not. My Hope is it brings 60-70k. It has zero miles since being finished. Went straight from restoration shop to my shop and has been under a cover since. I had too much money in it to drive it. I have other GTOs I enjoy but not this one. I hope this one helps me afford a newer Newell.