Replacement Bathroom Fan - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
Newell Attack

Default Replacement Bathroom Fan

where can I get a new bathroom fan,the motor turns but the fan will not. It is the one overhead in the bath area outside the shower and above the toilet area.

Jeff

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
77newell

Several years ago I bought one from a company that supplies parts for step vans or delivery vans. I'm sure if you do a search on step van repair parts you will find the company and then the parts you need. Just be sure to get the right rotation for the fan blades you have, you don't want your fan to suck..... outside air that is.

2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
NewellCrazy

Follow Jon's advice, making a quick search with those keywords will yield your parts.

Vents & Fans Stepvan

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
ccjohnson

Our's has Fantastic Fans. They are warranteed for life. RV dealers that handle them will usually exchange no cost for parts.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
Neweller

Thanks Jon and Sean for the info and efforts. It's kind of crazy that you can look up step van and find these kind of parts.

This link goes straight to the page from the site Sean posted: Roof Wall Mount Vents Stepvan

It looks like selection "K" may be the right motor, the fan "L" right next to it looks the same as well, I don't have the part numbers handy from when I last worked on one of my coaches but maybe someone can verify if this is correct. I know most of the fans in the cracker box coaches are closer to "C" the rinky dink looking one. Now if a person wanted to up grade to a quieter larger fan he could more than likely go with selection "A".
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
Neweller

I agree with Clint, the Fantastics are always a great choice. In fact "A" on the links posted above look very similar to a Fantastic vent. It shows the larger black motor.

I did verify and all those fan pieces are the correct parts for the Newells with the metal 4-blade. This company shows the inside and outside covers, motor and metal fan. This is actually very good info since I looked long and hard for this info and only found the motor. Kind of hard to believe that a step van uses the same stuff. This is a score for many of you.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
JustDustin

That's why they call them Fantastic Fans. I like a company who offers lifetime warranties.
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
77newell

In my 77 coach the "K" and "L" would be the one I used. The "A" version or the fantastic Fantastic fan have a much larger opening and would require some structural work that I was unwilling to do.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
folivier

Fantastic Fan was bought out a couple years ago. The new owner may or may not honor the lifetime warranty anymore. Worth a try though. They are great fans.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
prairieschooner

I had to replace one of the Fans on our '82 a few years ago. Good news for me that Newell still had 2 Fan Blades with Motors and one Vent Housing left in stock, bad news for you is that I bought them all.
I agree that the Motor (K) and Fan Blades (L) do look like they may work but you should check the dimensions. Mine were held in place with a Clamp style Mount. As a side note, I also needed to replace a Fan Motor in one of the Suburban Heaters and they looked like they should work.

I would suggest that you replace Both the Motor and the Fan Blades just for giggles.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #11
DavidBall

Been searching for some of these parts, Great find!